Best Arboreal For Me?

Reptiteen

Arachnopeon
Hi there,

I've kept some terrestrial and burrowing T's in the past, and I've always wanted to own an arboreal species, preferably an Avicularia. I would prefer to start off with a fast growing species that can tolerate temperatures of 70+ degrees (as that's usually the temperature of my room). I'd like to start off with a species about 1" in length, and that's decently priced (online). As some of you know, I'm not a big fan of purchasing online, but I have no other option as far as Arboreal species go.

Where can I found an arboreal species (similar to description above) online for a decent price, including shipping?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Cody

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Go to Swifts Inverts. You always get a freebie there, and he has very good prices. I'm going to be ordering some Ts from him soon.

-Mattyb

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
i agree swifts is a very good place to order from he is the only online dealer i have ever ordered from. and i have been more than happy both times...ive dealt with him 2 times and soon to be 3...here is a link from AB that has arachno dealers on it including swifts.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=7155

there are also a lot of great reviews for all the dealers...you can search there price lists and figure out what dealer best suits what you are looking for...keep us posted on what you get.

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a 1.5 inch A. versicolor a long time ago from Southernspiderworks.com. He was kept in 70+ degrees in my house. Never had any other heat source. He was also a sweety. Gorgeous in color. i never had to spray the tank. I guess its because i live in MS and the humidity is always high.
I have ordered from swift's and espiderworld. Havent had a problem with either.
I love the avics, I hope u do too.

Cory Loomis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Charles at Botarby8s has some great arboreals at good prices. Look at the Psalmopoeus genus for some interesting arboreals. They are quick, fast growing, aggressive feeders. The Avicularias are a bit trickier to grow, but you can't beat an A. versicolor for color and interest. A. avicularia is less expensive and readily available. I personally have had a hard time narrowing down my selection and currently keep more than 80 species with 25% of them arboreals. To spread shippng costs, order as many as possible each time. I've also had great spiders from E-spiderworld, Southern Spiderworks and Scott's.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would say P.Irminia & P. Cambridgei, also Usambara's are cosidered Semi Arboreal, They grow fast, Hardy, and are good eaters. But they might be to advanced for you since they are Aggressive and Quick.

Derfjuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would have to place my vote with the A. versicolor ... they are pleasing to the eye, very hardy, and mine is a great eater. I also love to watch them change in color which if you get one at 1" youll definately have the pleasure of experiencing, and all this while avoiding the aggressive nature of an oldworld species.