tricky tread

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
heya everybady ... theres almost everyday a new tread with someone who ask wich t is the best for begining ... we should put a post in tricky soo that would be better :? :?

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That would be fine, if we expected every new person to have the exact same interests, same amount of dedication, same amount of money, and the same amount of space for a tarantula, but everyone is different. ;)

While the typical "bread and butter" answers (chaco, rosie, etc. etc.) are good for some, these may not interest everyone...for example, my VERY FIRST T was a cobalt blue, BUT I had years of experience keeping other critters, and I did plenty of research ahead of time, so I knew what to expect.

I don't agree that everyone HAS to start out with a bread and butter tarantula. Instead, I like to see everyone start with one that really draws them into the hobby...maybe starting with an OW species is over the top, but if they know what they're getting into, I think it can be a very good experience.

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with Faunya.I started out with a G.aureostriata to play it safe,but now I'm getting L.parahybana and A.geniculata ,which isn't your normal starter T's.(At least I think so.)

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I started with my geniculata and has no problem ... wich prove its different for each ppl, yep I must admit I did'nt think much before doing this post, but bah :)