Creative Setup Ideas?

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would like to hear some creative scorpion setup ideas. I think there's too many boring setups around...

My opinion is that the tank should look nice and be exciting.

So post your CREATIVE ideas here! :drool:

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's my new setup for my Pandinus imperator group. It's size is 90x50x60cm (i don't know the size in inches... :confused: )
I like to be creative when setting up the enclosure. What i like most are different kinds of plants. That gives my scorps many places to hide.
The best thing is to stand in front of the enclosure when finished setting it up and just be content of what you've done. Setting up that one cost me about 4 hours of work.
Hope you like it.
Sorry for the bad quality, i still have to learn how to handle my new camera... :rolleyes:

Attachments

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
idea

I've got an idea. I have seen this done as a tarantula enclosure but should work just as well for scorps. Go to a hobby shop and get a model of a city block complete with cars. Put in an enclosure and turn loose scorp(s). It will look like giant scorp(s) have taken over a city. A communal species like C gracilis or B jacksoni would be the bomb.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is my set up for my 6 P.imperators. Although this is not the completed state. I just havent had a chance to take more pics. I am going to add some plants soon as well. It looks kinda plain after seeing Pyrdacors.

Pyrdacor,

Please tell me where you got that aquarium with the front sliding doors. I have seen them from people in other countries, but never here in the US.

Thanks.

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Due to the fact, that I live in Germany, I can't tell you where to get those enclosures in the US.
I would say, that these are standard enclosures over here. Not quite for scorpion care though because the danger of a scorpion breaking out is much higher with those sliding doors in just one moment of inattentiveness. So I guess I would use those enclosures only for less venomous species like the p.imperator.

When setting up a new enclosure I try and imagine the natural habitat of the species and try to rebuild it the best I can. IMO that's the most creative idea :D

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have this neat idea, if i ever had room and money, for a C. Gracilis enclosure. Make it rather large, I never really thought of gallons wise...but i guess you could have alot in there. But have several large "trees" going up inside. It would be a high tank. I picture palm trees of some kind. Maybe 3, and they can just crawl up and down them all day long to their hearts content.

ah what the hell, something as nice and as close to nature as from which they came.

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i had an idea to put glow in the dark mushrooms in a scorp tank. according to some people on here they shouldn't harm the scorp at all. i posted a thread about it a few weeks ago.

pm me if you want more info on the shrooms (or email, the_berzerker02@yahoo.com. you've got a better chance of reaching me there). i've got a link to where you can get the spores for them (it's a whole nother story to grow them though). i want to do this with my emp but i just don't really have the time or money to do it right now.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Raan_Jodus said:
I have this neat idea, if i ever had room and money, for a C. Gracilis enclosure. Make it rather large, I never really thought of gallons wise...but i guess you could have alot in there. But have several large "trees" going up inside. It would be a high tank. I picture palm trees of some kind. Maybe 3, and they can just crawl up and down them all day long to their hearts content.

ah what the hell, something as nice and as close to nature as from which they came.
maybe a bonsai tree grove or something :p

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have this idea of building a scorpion tank into a table. A corner table for example,next to the sofa!

Other things I have thought of is some how putting some cultural stuff in the tank from where the scorpion originaly comes from.

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ArNT1, I read your post about the tank on the table and I'm very enthusiastic about it. I guess I have to do some drawings :D
I think about creating it like a coffee table...

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well then you are thinking the same way as me. ;)

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If i could jsut keep the Bonsai alive George, lol. But that might be a real nifty idea. Would certainly be a challenge when it comes time to prune tho :p

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive always wanted a big tank, with a jungle type setting, similar to the one of Pyrdacor, by the way, its a cool setup Pydacor, and I think a big aztec head in the middle would look really neat.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
table tank

Oh no, you guys have piqued my interest with this idea of a coffe table/scorpion enclosure. Well, time for me to do some designing. My god I'm a geek.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a buddy a long time ago that wanted to build a thick glass coffee table and have copper heads in it. I have not heard from him in years...

Idiot.

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Psilocybin in a scorp tank? those things only grow right with 95% RH and sealed, I beleive and you have to let the spores culture in jars first for several weeks before putting them in an aquarium type setup anyway, soudns a bit tricky with a scorp enclosure. And offering spores? I smell bacon. Unless you are referring to some non-hallucenegenic legal shrooms in which case you'd probably want to let them things culture anyway before introducing.

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought it might be cool to put a small shoe on its side for a little hide ;P

Wow you know an awful lot about culturing magic mushrooms ;)

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
NYbirdEater said:
Psilocybin in a scorp tank? those things only grow right with 95% RH and sealed, I beleive and you have to let the spores culture in jars first for several weeks before putting them in an aquarium type setup anyway, soudns a bit tricky with a scorp enclosure. And offering spores? I smell bacon. Unless you are referring to some non-hallucenegenic legal shrooms in which case you'd probably want to let them things culture anyway before introducing.

the mushrooms that i want to do are not hallucinogenic or edible. they're just a novelty mushroom.

http://irie.tc/sb/product.php?xProd=6&xSec=2

there's a link to them.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
The glowing mushrooms are not a Psilocybe producing species. I think it would be difficult to grow most species of mushrooms in most moist enclosures. However, someone did post a photo of one they discovered growing in their enclosure awhile back.

I think it would be a cool idea if it were easy enough.

John
];')

Haplopelmatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Even the easiest-cultured psilocybine containing species require almost sterile growing conditions. Growing them in a "polluted" environment like a scorpion tank would be impossible. Or so I've heard... ;) :D

/Cheers!