how long is expected?

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D my AA has finally dig itself a hole and sealed it after it went in, it is in premolt and I was just wondering if anyone can give me an estimate of how long it'll be in there?

Div1nE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my AA is also in premoult (i think) and has been in his burrow for probably about 2 weeks now. i hope he doesnt die. he isnt exactly cheap.

rubra

Arachnopeon
A week is fine, AA probably won't take too long (as long as say, g. rosea) but I'd give it several weeks. My g. aureostriata sling dug down to the bottom of the container and to the side, then blocked the whole vertical section (about 1") and has stayed there for 2 weeks already. I check on him (through the glass) every once in a while, and he's always in there and alive. If your t is hungry, it'll most likely come back out on its own.

Peter

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had Parabuthus ssp. scorpions hole up for up to a month during molting time and they've shown no ill effects. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're A.a. is about to molt I would consider misting the cage slightly (I've found that the slight rise in humidity helps instigate molting in my Parabuthus ssp.).

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
=\

it's been a month and a week already, still not coming out... think something might be wrong?

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
=d

I started pecking away a few grain of sand at him and soon enough it thrusted out of the sand going berzerk sting in the air 50 times like mad lol

it sure has gotten a lot more short tempered after it's molt and a lot bigger, don't have a pic at the moment but the tail compared to the old shell was a big change, it's aliveeeeeee!!!!!!!

so excited