H.lividum behavior question

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, here is the story, my lividum comes out of its burrow every afternoon and climbs around until night. it is well fed, so i know its not looking for food....does anyone know what this may be...cause according to what i've been told, i'm not supposed to see it.... :D

-Mattyb

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It could be a few of things or nothing in particular at all. How long have you had your Lividum? It may still be getting used to it's new enclosure. It could also be lining the outside of it's enclosure with web, mine used too do this everynight. I'm asuming it's not a mature male right? It's not incredibly uncommon to see a Lividum outside the immediate area around it's burrow, especially at night when they are most active. Does it seem like it's exploring or just restless?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well i know its not a mature male, but it will come out and hangout, and then go inside the burrow and web up the entrance. and then come out the next day, and so on. I just got it less than a week ago...maybe 5 days ago.

-Mattyb

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Allright, that sounds like what it is. If yours is anything like mine you will see it a lot for the next few days; Then ocasionally to come up for a drink/prey and seal off or open up its entrance. Most of the time I see a lividum is when it's comming up to domaintenance on the entrance of the burrow.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ShaunHolder said:
Allright, that sounds like what it is. If yours is anything like mine you will see it a lot for the next few days; Then ocasionally to come up for a drink/prey and seal off or open up its entrance. Most of the time I see a lividum is when it's comming up to domaintenance on the entrance of the burrow.

Thanks for your help.

-Mattyb

Darryl Albers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have had mine for 2 days now and he hasnt even bothered to
start burrowing . i started a small hole before i placed him in to enmcourage a corner burrow [better viewing ] but he just filled it back in .
now he is just sitting there with 3 crix in his mouth . ;)