Nooo Whats wrong?!?!?!?

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think my emp is dead, she hasnt moved for about 5 days, I thought she was gravid, or maybe she was just about to molt, I had my male emp in the same enclosure maybe she couldnt molt and she died or the male caused a bad molt (I changed the male to another enclosure when I realized she hadnt moved), maybe shes about to give birth, or shes death. When I saw she wasnt moving I blew a little air but she still didnt moveeeeeeee whyyyyyyyyyyy!! IS SHE DEAD????? :(

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Grab it by the tail with forceps. If it reacts it, isn't dead yet. If it goes limp and just sorta hangs there, it's dead.

I had the same thing happen to one of my B. jacksoni. It was really lethargic and hardly reacted to anything. It's tail was laying fully extended. I gently grabbed it with forceps and it tried to get away. A day later I grabed it again and it pulled right up off the subrtate with no reation at all. I think it probably died of old age. It had recently given birth and had been refusing food for the previous week or so. ::shrug:: Such is life.

biznacho

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not be sick about this, but if she is dead, and was gravid..you could cut her open and do some study on how far along the babies were..

I had a C.Exilicauda die that was gravid and I did this. She had 18 babies in her.

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would, but right now, it really doesnt smell pretty.....

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It sounds kind of like she has passed. My emp stretched out its tail and was very still, which is how I knew it was gone. If she's been that way for 5 days...more than likely she's dead or dying.

So sorry. :(