My first GBB

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I picked him up this weekend along with a 1" N. coloratovillosus. Quick question before the pics, but is $56(US) a decent price for a 2 3/4"-3" GBB? I picked up the N. coloratovillosus for $10, so that wasn't too bad. :)

Sorry, my camera isn't the greatest.

Jetzie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she seems very happy with the new home and the cricket ;)

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, he does sem to be pretty "happy" with the new set up, considering his previous home was a deli cup. He is quite the character though. I was prodding him out of his deli cup with the "hose" part of a squirt bottle and instead of running away from it, he ran up it. It slightly startled me because this isn't the reaction I was expecting. He also attacked my cleaning tongs thinking they were food.

He's also quite the eater. In those pictures he was munching on two crickets. I bet he would have taken more if I had allowed it.

Last edited:

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ahhhh very nice, very nice. :D GBB is one of my fav, I guess $56 is not bad for that size, when I bought my GBB sling of 1'', it cost me $30 so I think thats a fair price. oh BTW mine turned out to be a female ;) do you know the sex of your T.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
yeah thats an awsome. id say thats a decent price for the GBB its showing some really nice colors. nice new editions

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, I'm not too sure right now what sex it is. I'll have to sex it from the molt, whenever that'll be...

He sure does have character. It's neat watching him.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's not a bad price for one that size. Good lookin' spider. My favorite species ;)