anyone know any good T Dealers in the UK

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What's your nearest city? Many of us can recommend a local tarantula dealer.

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey luther, where do you go to get your T's? At the moment I go to snakesnadders (probably go there yourself), predators in shipley and apart from that I order online. It'd be great to find another T dealer where I can actually see them in real life before buying.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I really like Capricorn Connection in Wakefield. The owner is extremely experienced with tarantulas. I bought a C.fasciatum and an African Pygmy Hedhehog there. They have some lovely Ts right now. I've also bought a lot of inverts at the Snake Shop in Sheffield, another well informed dealer. Or there is a good reptile and invert shop on Mansfield road in Nottinham, but I can't remember the name, where I've bought B.smithi, emelia and vagans, A.seemani, G.rosea and A.avic. Stock varies over time hugely at all 3 places.

I'm sure this thread should be in the Petstore Reviews forum.

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would broberly say London, its 30 miles away from me, i live in a town called Luton

luther said:
What's your nearest city? Many of us can recommend a local tarantula dealer.

Izzanbaad

Arachnopeon
Hello,

The only shops i can find around my area are very expensive and do not have much choice when it comes to spiders. All i`m after is a G. Rosea (£20 around here) to start me off. If anyone knows of any decent shops around the vicinity of Stoke-on-Trent, please let me know.

In the meantime, i have been looking at some of the links here, obviously i would like a female but i`m concerned about the failure rate on sexing these. The site that seems to be the most comprehensive (to me) is South Coast Inverts, but some of the information on there seems at odds with the information i`ve read on these boards (heat mats, sponges, etc).

Basically all i`m asking is where can i buy a female G, Rosea at a reasonable price and where it will arrive/be kept safely and sensibly.

Also, i know that many people on these boards deal in spiders, i would not object to being given a reference to one of those people.

Thanks in advance.

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just incase anybody is looking for one near blackpool there is a great shop called 'the reptile room' in cleveleys,quite a few T's.ive bought a goliath bird eater,haitain brown bird eater and a red rump from there. :)

Andy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I live in oldham (manchester) and am also finding it dificult to locate local dealers. Any one got any suggestions?

starchild

Arachnopeon
Izzanbaad said:
Hello,

The only shops i can find around my area are very expensive and do not have much choice when it comes to spiders. All i`m after is a G. Rosea (£20 around here) to start me off. If anyone knows of any decent shops around the vicinity of Stoke-on-Trent, please let me know.

Basically all i`m asking is where can i buy a female G, Rosea at a reasonable price and where it will arrive/be kept safely and sensibly.

Also, i know that many people on these boards deal in spiders, i would not object to being given a reference to one of those people.

Thanks in advance.
Hey I live in Stoke and the best shop for Spiders is Glovers, King street in Fenton, Other shops around Stoke are just too wildly expensive. Like £45 for a g. rosea and £75 for a Cobalt Blue.
But the best one to go to is if you have a car, is down to Junction 11 off the M6, at a place called Hollybush garden Centre. They are reasonably priced. Alternatively check out the BTS site and www.giantspiders.com as the breeders on there will post spiders to you at a reasonable price.

good luck