T's for Biological Study

BioEd

Arachnopeon
I'm investigating a study for a Master Thesis. *The study will be about sexual cannabalism in arachnids. **One of similar studies used Wolf Spiders (Schizocosa ocreata) and another used web building spiders (Stegodyphus lineatus.)

Where can I find around 120 or so mature specimens? Cost (as always) is an issues so they have to be relatively inexpensive. I don't want to go bankrupt doing the study - tuition itself is enough. :)

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You should be able to by P.Murinus, A.Avicular, and Rose Hairs at whole sale prices pretty cheap, Just look for a Whole Seller.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most dealers/breeders sites have wholesale prices- why don't you e-mail a bunch of them, explain what you want to do, and see if they can help? Everybody is always complaining that there is not enough research being done-see if they'll "put there money where their mouth is" so to speak!

GUSTO--you're Avatar is truly frightening! :eek:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you looking for tarantula species or true spider species?

BioEd

Arachnopeon
I'm looking for a tarantula species, no one as far as i can find has done this type of study using tarantulas.

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably the same supplier as fear factor. They seem to get plenty of adults at once. But best not encourage them.... What about asking some of the certified arachnodealers. They may know someone, if they cant do it themselves.