Post-molt activity question...

ScorpionBob

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know, I know G. Rosea act strange. Justed wanted to ask a question to see what others had to say. Have had my Rose hair since december, she seemed to move in real well. Dug out her hide and webbed stuff up. She molted two weeks ago. After one week I fed her and she ate nicely. The funny thing is, now that she has molted and eaten. She has left her normal area(by her hide) and is now hanging out at the opposite end of her enclosure. (She is in a 10 gallon tank, with her hide at one end and other stuff, rock, wood stick thingy at the other.) I have been reading how T's don't really range to far from homebase. How far, is far? Is it just that she is freshly molted and feeling ballsy enough to roam around? :confused:

Just thought I would ask to see if other Rosie owners know what I'm talkin' about...or anyone else who has noticed changes in their T's behavior... :?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
most rose hairs will abandon there hides and not use them, mine every now and then goes to her hide and hangs out but 9 out of 10 times she is in the middle of the tank away from her hide.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is all over the place, at all times of the day and night. She DID get real bitchy after she molted, kicking hairs and all- I couldn't believe it cause she's quite friendly most of the time. People refer to molts as akin to a "rebirth"- I was afraid for awhile that I had a born-again psycho! LOL!! She's back to her normal, placid self now, hallelujia!

ScorpionBob

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool, nothing in her enclosure changed. So I was just kinda confused on the sudden everyday pet rock to -----> all over the place behavior change. Which is actually a nice change {D

cdxrd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Leave it to a Rosy to throw anyone for a loop.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YUP! Morticia has been walking around all day with her butt up high in the air--what's that about? :eek: