tarantula literature compilation

strat321

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello-

does one know of a compilation of the published tarantula literature? I am interested in reading primary research, especially the literature besides the bizillion of enzymes in Ts venom papers.

thanks.

p.s. if you know of a complilation of millipede lit. I'd like to know about this as well.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
the closest thing that comes to mind are the libraries and back issue collections of the arachnological societies. of course they're not organized by taxon but it should be a start in building your own compilation of literature. more often than not one needs to be a member to access such information but some organizations offer back issues for sale to the general public.

you could also copy and paste every citation from the world spider catalog's bibiliography into a text file, print it out, and do interlibrary loans with your local library if your interested in obtaining the taxonomic literature.

obviously i haven't given you any solid information about the whereabouts of any precompiled collection of tarantula specific articles. I wouldn't think such a thing exists except with individual hobbiests who have worked hard to locate and copy them. the best thing to do is start with a few articles or books you're interested in and just follow every bibiliography and build up your own collection.

- Lonnie

strat321

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that's what I was afraid of....

lonnie-

thanks for the input. I was hoping to tap into something out there rather than re-inventing the wheel.
take care.