Citharacanthus spinicrus and Citharacanthus longipes niger

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright, who can tell a bit about these guys/gals. I had them given to me but know nothing about them. Don't seem to find much of anything about them on the web. I would say the Citharacanthus spinicrus is a little defensive. It was not using its flower pot so I was going to remove it...well it decided it liked it just fine where it was at! Ran over the top towards my fingers with legs up and fangs in the seated upright position sorta speak. Where they come from and any other info caresheet type info would also be appreciated.

spiderPeter

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Both these species come from Cuba, and both are valid. I think both got to USA from Europe (C.longipes niger for sure), although there could be some imports dirrectly from Cuba....
They are quit large terrestrial species, different collored. Nothing special according to conditions of keeping, they are without problems...

I have both species in my collection too...

If you wish to know more, let me know...

Best regards,
Peter

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
spiderPeter said:
Both these species come from Cuba, and both are valid. I think both got to USA from Europe (C.longipes niger for sure), although there could be some imports dirrectly from Cuba....
They are quit large terrestrial species, different collored. Nothing special according to conditions of keeping, they are without problems...

I have both species in my collection too...

If you wish to know more, let me know...

Best regards,
Peter
Thanks Peter! That is the most information I have gotten from anybody. :worship: