Oldest male contest...

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering if any of you T keepers have any old males that refuse to die. Case in point, I have an ancient male Euphalus teniuatarsus that is approaching his 6th birthday. He eats, drinks and trots around in his cage with vigor. I can't believe he is still ticking, kudos to grandpa here...
This is the oldest male I have ever owned. Any of you have a male that exceeds normal age? Curious...
Greg

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My wife's got a P. murinus male named Julio that refuses to die. He can't mate any more, his webbing "projects" are chaotic and seem to serve no purpose for him, but he eats fine and is somewhat active. He hasn't had a post-ultimate molt, but man, he's really been around longer than expected.

I'll ask her just how long the thing has been mature when I get a chance.

Garrick
eight

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oldest male...

Let me know. This ancient guy I have has been mature for 3 years. I'm amazed to keep finding him marching about in his cage.
Perhaps he has good genes... {D :?

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greg Wolfe said:
I was wondering if any of you T keepers have any old males that refuse to die. Case in point, I have an ancient male Euphalus teniuatarsus that is approaching his 6th birthday. He eats, drinks and trots around in his cage with vigor. I can't believe he is still ticking, kudos to grandpa here...
This is the oldest male I have ever owned. Any of you have a male that exceeds normal age? Curious...
Greg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!6 years man that T must have the juce.

:worship:

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's incredible!!!i'll call him Mr. Incredible
so he's been post-post-post ultimate molt?

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a male G. rosea that (sadly :( ) died on my 22nd bday at a ripe old age of 5 (plus what ever it took for him to mature). He matured about a month or so after I got him and lived for quite some time. He had a little temper on him sometimes. I think he had P. murinus blood in him! ;)