Anybody in the Massachusetts, New Hampshire area?

kovub

Arachnopeon
Hey guys i was just wondering if there is anybody around my area. Just seeing if there's any nice local shops that carry some decent T's. Was also looking to see if anybody was interested in buyin or trading something for my E. pachypus?

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
kovub said:
Hey guys i was just wondering if there is anybody around my area. Just seeing if there's any nice local shops that carry some decent T's. Was also looking to see if anybody was interested in buyin or trading something for my E. pachypus?
There's a large dealer in Providence, R.I. called Regal Reptiles.

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Regal Reps is great I live about 15 minutes from them and most of my collection came from them. Not only do they have a phenominal selection but Vince, Scott, and Miguel are very knowlegable on the arachnid subject. Keep up the great work guys 2 thumbs up. :worship:

DeadIrishD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I live in Portsmouth NH.

I am looking around for a new tarantula, IM me at DeadIrishD on AIM or shoot me a PM.

nominds

Arachnopeon
i live in Manchester, New Hampshire

not to many pet stores with T's here outside of petco and we all heard the horror stories

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
The only places in Mass (other than petco) that I know of is PJs Pet Centre on Rte. 1 Saugus (in the Kmart Plaza). Last time I was there they had B.emilia, ,B.smithi, E. campestratus, A.geniculata, A.Aviculata, G.rosea, P.murinus, a Gray Baboon and a couple others (both arboreal & terrestrial) I can't recall, plus a bunch of other invetrebrates. Staff though is hit or miss on arachnid knowledge (the one that seems to know the most happens to be a Julia Roberts look alike). Theres also Boston Reptile & Tropical Fish Rte. 28 (Mcgrath Highway) Cambridge, all they had last time I was there was a rather big T. blondi.

If someone knows any other I'd like to know as well.

P.S. (petco in Natick has a few B.smithi)

Last edited:

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I just went this Zoo Creatures in Plaitsow, NH http://www.newenglandreptile.com/petstore.html

They have a good selection of ts and seem real accomidating in ordering something for you if they don't have what you're looking for. Drawback is not all the t containers are labeled and the common names they use are useless in figuring out what t it is. Luckily for scientific names.

EDIT 8/20/2005: I was just there a few days ago and they have a new guy taking care of the Ts and things are much better organized and labeled.

Last edited:

MsDemeanor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've dealt with cold blooded pets for some time now and I like them a lot.

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I work at RJ's Exotic on E. Hollis St. in Nashua (we're moving to DW highway this month). Right now we only have a few species, but hopefully we'll have a full bug room with a big inventory at the new place. If you have any questions regarding location, inventory or anything, please feel free to e-mail me @ RJsInverts@yahoo.com

Pat C

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Vince, Scott, and Miguel are very knowlegable on the arachnid subject
Is Vince still around? Have not heard his name in a while. Great guy!

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I think in the NE area it is only wise to deal with people you know, have met (and who are not Pat Kane) or have been recommended by others mentioned here that are trustworthy....My two cents, you never ever know in this hobby....People lost alot to that guy,myself $490. I bring this up now despite Pat's long abscence, because he has been popping up on IM and in the chat lately. Perhaps a precursor to another new scam.. He has used many Aliases <?> in the past , search the threads here to be familiar with his tactics... ESP @hotmail addys ...sorry to be a downer :mad: and YES there are plenty of NE'ers that are great...
Tony
Pat, circa 2001
EDIT please note he is NO LONGER associated with Regal Reptiles

Last edited:

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
Invert dealer in NE

Hey how you doin?! good great good?!?!
First off the name is Scott Crowe and I have a retail location in Providence R.I inside Regal Reptiles ( i bought out the invert section in may 2005)It's called S.C.R.Invertebrates. so if your lookin for anything give me a call 401-277-9000 or check out my website www.whatsyournightmare.com. I'll help you out the best i can trying to find a T that floats your boat. I'm workin right now on a full retail location in the R.I. area thats going to specialize in invertebrates and preadatory fish with in this year(It's going to ROCK!!!). For other T dealers in NE i personaly like www.ColdbloodedPets.com in Mass. There a bunch of good guys! Vince is still around but no longer dose T's unless i need help getting a few items, he lost the tast of being a T dealer he just could'nt get it to the next level but he helps me out when ever i need it. Vince is a awome guy and i thank him for everything he's helped me out with. As for Pat Kane i think someone killed him because he just disapered off the face of the earth. not that anyone is complaining. As of Pat C workin for RJs Exotics it not Pat Kane
thanks
Scott Crowe

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I stilll have a bunch of t's for sale here in southern New Hampshire, free housing included if you pick up.

alp71

Arachnopeon
you may also want to check out zoo creatures in plaistow n.h. they have a good number of t,s in stock.

Tarantula World

Arachnopeon
Tarantula World in Nashua NH

Come and check us out @ RJ's Exotics #300 Main St. in Nashua NH. We carry about 20 species at our retail location.