Genus Sphaerobothria

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You must have this amazing T collection! I had to look it up to find out what it was. Never heard of it before. And this isn't the first time you've posted things that I've had to look up! :eek: :worship:

How many types of Ts do you have? (Boy, I miss the ST galleries!)

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have somewhere right around 100 species... but I really like a lot of the quirky smaller New World stuff.

I've had these few S. hoffmanni slings for the past year and they're just starting to get a little size.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is this another dwarf species? Goterps, I keep drooling over your collection. :worship:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL Tony. From the few adult pics i've seen they do appear to grow 4-5". The next few molts with these guys I have should be interesting.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Show me some (spider) horn...The only NW species with a carapacic protusion, am I correct?
T
( I made that one up btw)

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
haha... have patience with the "carapacic protrusion" lol. Sounds like something that belongs in The Pit!

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Sheri said:
I had NO idea. ;)
Had I not said that, it could very well have made it into some peoples vocabulary...
T ;P

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
monantony said:
Had I not said that, it could very well have made it into some peoples vocabulary...
T ;P

Oh, I am for sure.

Added it is. :D

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
monantony said:
Show me some (spider) horn...The only NW species with a carapacic protusion, am I correct?
T
( I made that one up btw)
>>I have a few of them (6).One is quite large now..approaching 2" and the "carapacic protrusion" (lol..I like that term..) is quite evident.I'll see if can snap a pic and post it.It was actually visible at a smaller size under magnifying glass, but can easily be seen by the naked eye now.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll see if can snap a pic and post it.
Yeah definetly do man!!!

On my largest specimen (I have 3) you can definetly see the beginnings of a "plug" there.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
pelo said:
>>I have a few of them (6).One is quite large now..approaching 2" and the "carapacic protrusion" (lol..I like that term..) is quite evident.I'll see if can snap a pic and post it.It was actually visible at a smaller size under magnifying glass, but can easily be seen by the naked eye now.

Great, the term seems to be sticking ;)

Cool spider nonetheless. Hey Eric, how're your 'two-patchers' doing ?
;P
T

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These little guys are coming along nicely.

~1.75" Sphaerobothria hoffmanni.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
S. hoffmanni

Freshly molted sub-adult male Sphaerobothria hoffmanni.
He's only slightly over 2" at this point.

I have a female in premolt, which will be at the same instar as this fella. I need to slow him down at this point.

Last edited:

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Hmm I need to form an 'I hate......' - Better still 'I resent GoTerps' club
;P

nice
T