Savannah Monitor

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wondering if anyone here has one. I might be getting one late june. And what is its scientific name?

FRAZE01

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Varanus exanthematicus is the scientific name.I have owned a few of these as well as niles and the savannah's aren't that bad.

Morax

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mmmmmmm...yes

well iv had a few savannah monitprs and they were all great once you tame them theyll love you for life. i currently have a juvinile 2 foot savannah named drako he goes every where with me and just chills on my shoulder :D
when i come home i take him out and let him run around my room and win he gets tired he just runs up my leg on to my shoulder and chills there.then when he wants too he will just climb down. they make great pets but u must handle them every day to keep them tame they can get crazy{D ...but watching them eat is the best there savage eaters...so i would sugjest a savannah monitor but u must know what ur getting into cause they do get pretty big at 4-5ft long......

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Had a small one for awhile but got rid of him (to a go home of course) because we decided that his future cage requirements would not work out when we remodeled our home.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
had one that was sick .... but I love those things. That's a real pet. Go for it.

Danut

Arachnopeon
I have 1 year old male Varanus Exanthematicus. 56 cm (22 inches) long

Danut

Arachnopeon
This is my Varanus Exanthematicus 1 year male, 56 cm (22 inches) 15432049.jpg 46152017.jpg 55268566.jpg 81809793.jpg

Last edited:

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got a baby last month. Of course by "baby" I mean it's 12 inches long right now, not a teeny newborn but nowhere near an adult.

My excitement is actually going to be when I get to build a massive cage for him..