my rose haired seems to be moving ALOT

DeadIrishD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my tarantula seems to be on the move alot more than normal, actually it won't stand still, perhaps its about to molt, I also saw these leg or feeler things coming out of its ass :-/

think its molting?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The extensions at the back of the abdomen are 1 pair of spinnerets. You will see them moving as the spider lays web down.

Do you know whether or not your T is a mature male?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
It may be moving a for many reasons. It could be a male and is roaming for a mate. It could also be spinnning a web on the floor for something molt. Has it eaten recently and is it's coloring dingy? on Just remember the G.rosea is a goofey T!!! :} Those things on it's butt are called "Spinnerets" IT is what they use to spin web. :D

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the only reason in my mind that your T is very active is because its a mature male looking for some fun, a T dont become active when she's gona molt

DeadIrishD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its about 2" so I don't think its a mature male so maybe it is molting, or being like a Rose haired, unpredictable its left legs and front feelers keep on moving, but its right side is staying completely still, it doesnt walk around much at all, but does move its legs quite often.

so all in all this isn't something to worry about?

and no it has not eaten for a while, it used to take frozen shrimp, and meal worms but he no longer seems interested in eating. (which does not mean much as its a rose haired tarantula and everything that should mean something, doesn't with these things.)

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
well you've obviously read some threads about rosies..

until the legs begin to curl (under) I wouldn't worry.. It's likely to be a premolt..

frozen shrimp huh? new one for me..

do you simulate live movement with the shrimp so the T will take it?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
My rosea will take anything, moving or stationary!!!!!!!!