4 weeks from a molt....

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and my avic still hasn't eaten. I was sure she was dead at one point--about 1 week after, I noticed she just looked- funky! It's really hard to see into her tube web, and I was letting her chill for a week before feeding, but she was sitting like an 8-legged ball, very lethargic. Week 2 comes, and still no change, I have to actually poke at her to see if she's alive. At week 3, she finally came out of her web and made her way, very slowly, down to the substrate. The next day she went back to her web. I've seen her drinkung, and I've taken to a light misting 2X a day- and she will come out and drink. So I know she's well hydrated. SO--I have 2 Q's......what's the longest your T's have fasted after a molt, and survived? And....the exuvium was extremely brittle when I got it out of the enclosure-2 of the legs fell off, and in my (limited) experience, this is unusual- I normally find that the molts stay pretty pliable for quite a few days. Have any of you noticed anything like that? ( I got this T in Jan. because I felt so sorry for her at a petstore...don't know her history beyond 2 1/2 mos.)

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't have an avic, but a burrower, so I don't know if there is a difference. None of my T's (all burrowers) have ever gone more than 10 days without gobbling down as many cricks as I give them. Usually they are starving after 7 days...that's how long I wait to feed post-molt.

All my exuviums dry out extrememly fast. I always try to take them out ASAP after molt is completed. After I inspect them, if I leave it out, they dry up and crumble within a very few hours.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Sounds like a bad molt to me. I lost a couple of avics this way. Hope yours make it through!

critterz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try placing a cricket directly into her tube web. My A. avic was always lazy about hunting down crickets until it's most recent molt. If it is hungry, and the cricket comes right to it, it will eat. I would say if your spider is drinking it's not going to die (not immediately, anyway).