whats in the box? whats in the box? show me,what's in the <edit> box?! you lie! liar!

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just had to play off the movie Seven
love the flic

anyways

it does have my name on it

a box of styrofoam?

what a let down

newspaper and styrofoam??

well what do you know? there IS something in the box!!

Four Lil Scorpions All In A Row

Vaejovis carolinianus

quick warmup in my hand

ain't he a cool one?
he became show and tell as i was walking around the office...

and the tiniest one

tiny... this small version is more than double size... he can easily fit on a penny...

That's all the pics for now
Harold rawks my socks for sending me these lil guys

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Nice!!!! :)

I'm still eagerly waiting for my first shipment...

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice addition Isaac. The species is unique for its distribution and microhabitat in addition to being able to keep them in a communal environ.

Very quick to prey items and knock down rate is fast. Moisture dependent for a Vaejovis.

Good luck !

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey man

I remember chatting about V.c. on the ScorpEnthusiast list a couple years ago. I haven't gone back to look up what all was mentioned, but I know I'll be flipping through the archives this weekend

As I explained to my girlfriend from what I recalled from the list, they're fast, super-communal, easy to care for, next to impossible to breed (like all Vaejovids).

All I had on-hand right away were adult crickets. Much bigger than all four of them. They put up a fight, but in the end, the scorps won out. They had no problem going after prey twice their size, and of course I was happy to see they had a good appetite

I'm super excited to have these guys (of course, I get excited about any of my new "friends")

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
V. spinigerus hard to breed, also?

dang, do you think Vaejovis spinigerus would be hard to breed also? I was thinking of trying my hand at it

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those are some great scorps.I want some.I've wanted some for awhile :drool:

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even if Vaejovis are hard to breed they are easy and fun to take care of. My Vaejovis spinigerus are the most active scorps I have as of now, and they are very easy to tend to. They dont eat often, which kind of sucks, but then again it saves on crickets. I love my 3.

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on the new little ones! You'll have to let us know how it goes as they get bigger. And, of course, you must post vast amounts of pictures all the time. :)

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
seems they need a specific wintering time... in captivity, we keep them at 80* all year long, where in nature it can get very cold.... just one theory i'll now be testing over the next year...

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am so jealous of you right now! :worship: God if i had only known when i lived in NC! :wall: Those guys were everywhere in my house! (and in shoes and clothes and everything else they can crawl into) Now im on the waiting list for some of them! :eek: