T.blondi Problem need advice fast

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My 6.5" blondi has what looks to be a 1.25" tear in its opisthosoma that sealed itself up, the problem is that she is in premolt. How she got the tear is beyond me, she hasn't left her burrow in 2 weeks. I'm wondering if any one has had something happen? I'm afraid that a new exoskeleton won't form properly where the tear is and that she will bleed out during the molt. Any help or advise would be great
Thanks
Jordan

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ever heard of liquid banaid-aid ? if you are there when she molts and she starts bleeding you could apply this, try to get the kind with the brush, it would be easier to apply.
i hope this helps and good luck with your up-coming molt.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Problem is that I have a job and will probably not be home durring the molt

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well t's do grow back legs with molts, so it "may" repair the damage, i guess it all depends on how old the injury is.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
can you take your to someone that can watch??

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the injury has happened within the last week or 2 and the T will be molting any day now. The Ts opisthosoma is already very black, so the new exoskeleton is/has already formed

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well hopefully someone else will be able to give you better advice than I, good luck!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can you be more specific about this tear? Do you have a picture?

Has it bled? Usually Ts do not "tear." They may get a puncture hole or the like, but actually "tearing" seems a little strange.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't have a digi cam. It looks like the opisthosoma just spilt, I just saw the T for the first time in 2 weeks today so I don't know when it happened. the wound is sealed, but I'm afraid the T won't make it through her impending molt

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
8 leg wonder said:
Don't have a digi cam. It looks like the opisthosoma just spilt, I just saw the T for the first time in 2 weeks today so I don't know when it happened. the wound is sealed, but I'm afraid the T won't make it through her impending molt
Did you see anything hanging out (internal organs) or any blood?

I've seen a split abdomen - and it usually results in death if not attended to very quickly.

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
8 leg wonder said:
the injury has happened within the last week or 2 and the T will be molting any day now. The Ts opisthosoma is already very black, so the new exoskeleton is/has already formed

Then you are probably worrying about nothing if there has been no additional draining afer a week or two... the new exoskeleton would have probably sealed itself and the old injury drainage would be too degraded to stick to the new skin.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LIke I said I don't know when it happened, it could have been yesturday or a couple of weeks ago for all I know. the damage was done to the T while it was in premolt and I don't think that the T has had enough time to heal to be able to molt successfully

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
there is a good chance that new exo was not damaged. thats about all i can input on this topic except that i hope everything works out for your T.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I've heard of Ts damaging their abdomens when they kicked hairs, tearing themselves with their claws. Perhaps this could be what happened to yours? :?

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
I've heard of Ts damaging their abdomens when they kicked hairs, tearing themselves with their claws. Perhaps this could be what happened to yours? :?
Its been in its burrow for about 2 weeks with no distubances so I have no clue

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:

That's a problem that tends to happen when they're disturbed too soon after a molt, kick hairs and are still soft.

If it's not leaking fluid now, I would just leave it be.

Please make sure you don't cause this type of injury 8 Legged, trying to make sure your blondi is okay after it's impending molt, that would be very crappy indeed.

Best of luck!

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Please make sure you don't cause this type of injury 8 Legged, trying to make sure your blondi is okay after it's impending molt, that would be very crappy indeed.

Best of luck![/QUOTE]

Thats the plan, dark quit place. I'll only be checking to make sure shes not dead