what do I feed to slings that look to small for pin heads?

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
"Cricket drumsticks" i.e. hindlegs, micro pinheads (hatchlings), or better still, pre-kills.

DeadIrishD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks :) I have another question that I'll post here since its kind of on the same topic,

I remember before hearing that spiders only eat the inside of insects and such, is this true?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They only eat the soft parts and not the hard exoskeleton.

Wade

DeadIrishD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll try and find some fruit flys for sale somewhere around here, as I have either a baby wolf spider, or brown recluse (spelling?)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if you're observant or have big spiders you can see the left over indigestibles, called a "bolus", sometimes. it usually looks like a little black ball, to me.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cool
where do you live? that could sort of the brown rec question, right quick :)

DeadIrishD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I live in New Hampshire thats why I'm thinking it might be a brown rec. though it does look more like a young wolf spider.

either way its still interesting!

hmm.... can the indigestables also be white balls? or is that crap? since theres alot of them in my tarantula cage.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
DeadIrishD said:
I live in New Hampshire thats why I'm thinking it might be a brown rec. though it does look more like a young wolf spider.

either way its still interesting!

hmm.... can the indigestables also be white balls? or is that crap? since theres alot of them in my tarantula cage.
OK, so this is a reply to an old thread, but I just wanted to say that if you live in New Hampshire, that is no brown recluse. Their range is nowhere close to NH.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Id have to agree with the wind, never seen them around here and I also live in NH.......