need your advises about care (Hottentota Trilineatus? and Centruroides Margaritus?)

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Centruroides: Margaritatus or Gracilis?

Hi there. I bought two lovely scorpions in Germany (Karlsruhe, Zoo & Co Terra Reptillica). I was told that it's Centruroides Margaritus (dark one) and Hottentota Trilineatus (yellow one).

The problem is that I have no idea how to care for them. if you know any thing about them please let me know, ok? I'm not even sure that these are the correct names as seller didn't know for sure.

Centruroides Margaritus I putted on peat substrate and Hottentota Trilineatus on sand.

I will appreciate all your oppinions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Your enclosures look good for both of the species you have. Just make sure you have a small water dish for the Hottentotta that you fill once a week and and one for the Centruroides that is slightly larger. Also, make sure you have hides for both species.

John
];')

bhs2sweet

Arachnopeon

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not sure that the Centruroides is a margaritatus, but a gracilis... hard to tell from just pics though...

Either way, care is similar

bhs2sweet

Arachnopeon
I had the same thoughts when I looked at the pic. It kinda looks more like a gracilis than a Margaritus. Looks exactly like the gracili's I own anyway. There about the same scorp either way..

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thank you for information Brent. Just one question: venom is mesured in ten point or five point scale?
Well, margaritatus/gracilis is 2 and trilineatus? is 3, so is that a lot or just piece of cake?

Next week I'll try to make some more pics of them so we'll check identities once more.

Oh, Bryan (risingconvictio), don't do that much drugs, they are bad for your brain including preception. Those are ugly ass scorpions, not lizards. :embarrassed: :?

Take care.

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
The currently accepted method for indicating supposed venom strength is on a five-point scale with 1 being the weakest and 5 being the most potent...However, one should note that this is a very subjective rating system.

John
];')

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Margaritatus or Gracilis?

Ok guys, here are some more photos of this blach beauty. most of you are more experienced in this business, help me out please.

Attachments

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Based on what I can see I would say it is Centruroides gracilis.

John
];')