illegal??

CCC

Arachnopeon
i just have a question, i've heard that all kind of fat-tail are illegal to sell in the state of CA, and I am just wondering if it is true?? :? sorry if this has been post before! thanks

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Perhaps you should check with your local laws concerning wildlife regulation. Welcome to Arachnoboards!. :)

Last edited:

BillyBoy

Arachnopeon
I know here in Florida, you must have an arthropod permit to own anything other than Pandinus, Heterometrus, Hadogenes and Hadrurus. Not too sure about C. gracilis - the wording is a little vague and says "most Centruroides". In any case, contact the department of agriculture and see if someone there can help.

woodson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think you all are so fortunate that can buy scorpions you want......
Scorpions are so expensive and rare in china.
: )

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try purchasing one off the net and see what happens

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
woodson, at least you have huge motherland and there live some scorpions too. In my case: no scorpions at all live here exept ones, brought abroad.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
woodson said:
I think you all are so fortunate that can buy scorpions you want......
Scorpions are so expensive and rare in china.
: )
There are many M.martensii raised and sold in markets for traditional medicine in China you shoud be able to find some of these somewhere...they are a easy species to keep and raise.

John
];')

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
CCC said:
i just have a question, i've heard that all kind of fat-tail are illegal to sell in the state of CA, and I am just wondering if it is true?? :? sorry if this has been post before! thanks
The laws regarding the keeping of scorpions vary from state to state and municipality to municipality and at many times are very vague as most places don't even consider scorpions when devising laws on keeping exotic animals.

You need to check you local laws which usually can be found online and ask other keepers who live in the same state/area.

John
];')

Last edited:

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
there are fat tails all the time at my local pet shop, you'll be fine, have fun and DON'T GET STUNG! ;)

Shelob

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I purchased a death stalker from Reptile Depot in Northridge, CA. I am 18, they didn't ask for ID or permit or anything. Interestingly enough they didn't even tell me it was hot, they didn't say anyhting about it. Kinda odd don't you think? If you can get Leirus q. in CA I don't see why not fat tails.

CCC

Arachnopeon
Black Hawk said:
there are fat tails all the time at my local pet shop, you'll be fine, have fun and DON'T GET STUNG! ;)
Hey Black Hawk, i used to live in Sacramento and i didn't know i could get fat tails there. too bad i don't live there anymore, but it is good to know i can still get fat-tail in CA, i don't know why my local pet shop would told me that fat-tail is illegal in Ca?! weird :?

CCC

Arachnopeon
Black Hawk said:
Hey Black Hawk sorry i forgot one last thing, can you please tell me which local pet shop(the name) has the fat-tail, because i might go back to Sacramento this summer, and i would love to go to check out those pet shops!! thanks a lot :)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
ooohhhhh.....oops, thanks for the heads up. Shoulda known as Lelle posted it in the "not-so-spineless" forum lol.