Avicularia versicolor question

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here we go again. :D A question I've asked before (about different species the other times though). In the past perhaps I didn't word the question clearly enough so I'll pay closer attention to it this time.

Here it is: For those who have raised male A. versicolor from sling to adult, what were the number of molts to maturity? If you know the total from "hatch" to ultimate molt that's great. Otherwise just the number you witnessed will work.

I know that the time it takes varies. I'm not looking for a time frame....just the number of molts your spiders went through. I also know that there is not going to be a set number of molts to maturity but I have a feeling that there is, at least, a standard range for any given species. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's worth looking into. If this is something that's already been discussed or otherwise documented please let me know. I've tried looking for it but the only thing I'm able to find is regurgitated blurbs from books and/or message boards about it varying with feeding, temperature, how often you sacrifice virgins, etc. Never a straight answer based on personal experience (well, one straight answer so far :))

Thanks for any information you can provide.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent! Thank you, Mike. Just what I'm looking for. :clap: :worship:

Anyone else?