Blue fangs, my baby's got blue fangs ...

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Howdy there! Long time, no post ... well, here are a couple of pics of my growing baby blue fangs! One of them, anyway ... the other is a tad grumpy, getting ready to molt. They have grown SO much since I got them at 1/2"!!

Attachments

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is so kool. i have never seen that before! Congrats!! :worship:
BTW, Nice ring! :p

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice. whats the latin name for them?

-Mattyb

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello fellow michigander lol, nice pic, could you get a closer pic of the fangs?
:?

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, y'all!

Yep, they sure HAVE grown!! Have been little piggies since I got them, and molted like clockwork. Not sure if I can get a closer fang pic, but here is another photo anyway! Sure do love these kids!!!!!

Attachments

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Wow! I think I just added another one to the wish list. So, are they pretty docile then?

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
truely a beauty. :D I really want one but their always gets sold out fast.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very Nice

I also have one about that size. Very pretty. I'll be getting a few more of these myself! Also the answer to one of the questions if they are docile. My bluefang is very easy to handle. However; I've heard they can also be very high strung and fast moving.

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are indeed a little on the nervous side, but these guys have been routinely handled gently since they were tiny. They don't love coming out, but they are tolerant and cautiously trusting of me. I only ask them to come out every now and then for a photo shoot!

If anyone has an inkling of getting one, DO IT - they are just amazing little animals to watch grow!!

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have one and its MEANNNNNNNNN and only about <----------> that big lol {D
It bit the paintbrush several times when I was housing it!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got 2 a few weeks ago one is 1/2" and the other is 3/4" to 1" Both have buried but I can still see them. I can't wait till they get bigger :D

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a species I'm very interested in....I looked around for some care info but didn't come up with much, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful spiders. The only thing that turned me off on the blue fangs was that I was told they lose most of that color as they grow. Otherwise I think I may have to try one some day :)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe the females still have them they mature but I don't think males do I could be wrong though its just going by pics I have seen

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's not alot of info on these little beauties (I looked for some right after I saw the pics..lol) and all the dealers that I checked out who even had them on their lists were sold out! :(