Brown Recluse

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been interested in brown recluses ever since i was bit by one during the summer. Could anyone give me a website or even on the furum a caresheet for these guys. I know nothing about how to keep them

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Loxosceles reclusa

Loxosceles reclusa are very easy spiders to keep. A medium size glass jar is perfect for an enclosure. You will want to keep the spider somewhat humid. A small wadded wet piece of paper towel will serve for moisture and humidity for the spider, but this will need to be replaced often as it can get moldy. Several pieces of cut-up card-board or paper-towel role will serve well as hides and web construction for the spider. Feed the spider around 2 small crickets a week and it should do perfectly fine.

Alex S.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Substrate

You can use substrate if you want to, but it really isnt necessary for recluses. Just a moist piece of a paper-towel at the bottom of the enclosure works fine.

Alex S.

T. blondi

Arachnopeon
We've got a L. reclusa. He was found at my mom work and is currently housed in a tupperware bowl. She found him doing what recluses are known for, being reclusive; hiding in a cardboard box.

Now we've had him going on 3-4 months, and he seems to be doing ok. So I'm sure you'll do okay.

It's always hard to believe that the little pint-sized arachnid can do so much damage, I quess I underestimate cytotoxins.

Good luck w/ yours! :D

Last edited: