Crickets aquatic?

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right now I am watching an adult cricket that appears to be eating something while completely submerged in my T's water dish. It's back legs are clinging to the edge of a rock in the dish and the rest of him is underwater eating. Anyone else ever witness anything like this? Too weird!

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've never heard of crickets being aquatic. Only aquatic behavior I have witnessed is the dumb things getting stuck in water dishes and then they drown. As far as eating underwater is concerned... They are absolute pigs and will eat almost anything so maybe that particular cricket thought that eating was better than living LOL

There may be some species of cricket out there that live near water or are semi aquatic but I've never had any of the common feeder ones show any sign of this.

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know how long it had been underwater before I saw it, but it was under for a few minutes at least. I watched it come out of the water, shake itself off, and then get demolished by my L. parahybana. T's are so much fun!

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So many are bred that it is no suprise that mutants pop up on occasion. I had one that flew out of the pail and then flew back and forth across my house. I finally caught it. It was a large female and I thought about breeding it but decided it must die, so I fed it to a T.

kmk

Arachnopeon
nothing has the ability to amaze and repulse me like crickets. That said LOL, when i feed my frogs......i have seen crickets crawl underneath the fake floating lilypad and completely submerge themselves to hide from the frogs. I'm sure they'd stay there till they died from drowning, maybe one day i'll find out but i enjoy watching the frogs eat them too much so i pull em out of the water. I have seen crickets swim till they drown even when a dry rock is just a few cm's away LOL

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hate when crickets are in the water dishes, i hate getting them out, and disturbing my Ts. :mad: dumb crickets! hehehe

-Mattyb

sublimeskunk37

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
I hate when crickets are in the water dishes, i hate getting them out, and disturbing my Ts. :mad: dumb crickets! hehehe-Mattyb
I can't believe how flippin angry these disgusting crickets make me...It's like a project trying to get them to not do something horribly annoying! What is even worse is disturbing my Fluffy as I have to fish the stupid crickets out of the water bowl, or unearth them from beneath the darn water bowl. God I hate crickets, but still not HALF as much as mealworms! :razz: