largest wolf spider=Canary islands wolf spider?

orcrist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He also says Hogna carolinensis has a 4" leg span. Last I heard was under 2".

critterz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My H. carolinesis currently carrying slings is under 2". Has atleast 300 baby spiders on her back.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uhm, that's really wierd, isn't Canary Island in Spain? as far as i know, the biggest Lycosidae in Europe is Lycosa tarantella..

orcrist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Technically, I'm pretty sure they're part of africa. But I'm tired and I'm probably thinking of some other archepilago of islands...

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Randolph XX() said:
uhm, that's really wierd, isn't Canary Island in Spain? as far as i know, the biggest Lycosidae in Europe is Lycosa tarantella..
as far as i know the Canary islands are on the North-West coast of Africa and belong to Spain (or did belong ?) :?

Biggest European mainland wolfspider should be:
Allohogna singoriensis 4cm while
Lycosa tarantella = 3cm

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Steven said:
as far as i know the Canary islands are on the North-West coast of Africa and belong to Spain (or did belong ?) :?
Yep, correct on both points, they are still Spanish,

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uhm, i guess i need to learn more about European geography(Damn my teacher was rite!)

PERIKIN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jeejjeje,yes you need to study a little more about european geography.start with spain,the most beautiful face of all europe,as you can see.
anda about that spider,i have never heard about it,i'll look for more information.
is spain there are these wolf spiders:Lycosa radiata, Lycosa tarentulla (L.fasciventris),lycosa sp.

Attachments

critterz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How can I get my hands on one of those buggers? Awesome spiders, anyone know of a dealeer that sells them in the states?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
orcrist said:
He also says Hogna carolinensis has a 4" leg span. Last I heard was under 2".
H. carolinensis are commonly over 3" and sometimes 4"

Wade

hogna

Arachnopeon
Hi sorry for my non connected request. But does someone know of breeders or sellers of hogna lenta white to europe? greetings :)