If you're reading this, you've taken the plunge and have joined the largest invertebrate hobbyist forum on the web.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our rules here before posting.
Announcements regarding the forums can be found here.
Some General Notes on Posting:
- You cannot reply to threads other than ones that you started in the "For Sale/Trade" forum.
- Please post in the forum appropriate to your topic. Threads started in inappropriate forums will be moved or deleted at our discretion.
- Please note that some forums have their own additonal rules regarding posting. Please read them before you post in those forums.
- Take a look at the "Sticky" posts in the forums. These threads can be found at the top of any forum that has them. Generally threads that have important and/or useful information as well as some of the more popular threads can be found there.
- Classifieds ads go in the For Sale/Trade forum. If a post has a Dealer Name, Item and Price, it will be considered a classifieds ad and will be edited accordingly. Please do NOT post classifieds ads (or links to classifieds ads) in any other section of the forum. It will be modded accordingly.
- PLEASE utilize the SEARCH function before posting. We've been around a while and chances are your question may have been asked and answered already. If what you find is not quite the answer you're looking for, you will at least be in the position to ask a more detailed question, which will lead to a more detailed answer.
- If there is a problem with a post, be it an error that you want deleted or a personal attack that you have come across, DO NOT RESPOND. The quickest way to get a response from someone on the Arachnoboards Team is to use the "Report a Post" function by clicking on this symbol in the post you'd like to report.
- If you have any questions regarding posting, please feel free to PM or Email an Admin or Moderator.
Some General Notes on the Tarantulas forums:
- We have 3 different forums for posts regarding Tarantulas. Information on which posts go where can be found here.
- Some excellent beginner tarantula information can be found here.
- An excellent Rose Hair (Grammostola rosea) caresheet written by Stan Schultz (author of the Tarantula Keepers Guide) can be found here.
- Only posts from the Tarantulas Question and Discussion forum will increase your post count. Posts in the Tarantula Chat forum and the Tarantula Pictures forum will not.
Some Links of Interest
- vBulletin Faq (The place to find out about forum functionality (user options, posting, etc))
- Arachnoboards Information Forums (Welcome to Arachnoboards, Forum Rules, Forum Announcements)
- Tarantula Forums (Questions and Discussions, Announcements, Pictures)
- Other Arachnopets Forums (Myriapods, Scorpions, Other Arachnids, Insects, Not So Spineless Wonders)
- Off Topic Forums (Contests and Quickies, The Watering Hole)
- Classifieds Forums (For Sale/Trade, Invertsonals, Arachnofunctions)
- Reports Forums (Breeding Reports, Bite Reports, Sting Reports)
- Review Forums (Dealer Reviews, Seller Reviews, Dealer/Seller Inquiries/Warnings, Petstore Reviews, Book Reviews)
Other Areas of Interest
- We have 2 Free International forums (Canada and Europe) for discussing hobby related issues local to your area. The only requirement is that you reside in said location. To join either of these forums, click here and then click on the "join group" link next to the appropriate group. Please let us know where you reside when submitting your request.
We hope you enjoy your stay on Arachnoboards.
The Arachnoboards Team