L parahybana molt question

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My 3" L. parahybana's abdomen darkened up about 3-5 days ago, and it hasnt been eating since I got it about a month or so ago. How long after the abdomen darkens can I expect a molt? I keep checking it, and it hasnt moved around much, but its still not molting.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i noticed my 2-3" darkening for ~2wks. it still ate for about a week after it looked like the abdomen started darkening. i stopped feeding it after i was pretty sure it was darkening, then about a week later it molted :)

p.s. i noticed the little lighter colored patches (not book lung patches, the ones i'm talking about don't seem to be related to an obvious structure) on ventral side of abdomen go from like a white person's slightly rosy skin color to greyish and the spider would still eat, to dark grey and i stopped feeding it

Last edited:

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
p.s. i noticed the little lighter colored patches (not book lung patches, the ones i'm talking about don't seem to be related to an obvious structure) on ventral side of abdomen go from like a white person's slightly rosy skin color to greyish and the spider would still eat, to dark grey and i stopped feeding it
My friend (Ozz on the boards) says he's seen this with his salmon pink but I've never noticed it myself. really must get him to show me what he's talking about at some point. :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'll try to take good pics of it

they look like little patches of white person skin

(i said they look like patches of skin, and my gf (who is Korean) said no they didn't =P )

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Aren't L. Parabayna's usually fast growers? My 1" sling molted about a month or 2 ago and has quit eating about 2 weeks ago. I've been expecting a molt but nothing. My 3" A Genic molts more frequently than this it seems. I guess I just need to be patient....

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i read that L. parahybana are fast growers too, but my my C.cyanopubescens leaves it in the dust!

My para *is* faster than this cursed G.aureostriata sling i bought from a petsore [sic]... it's ~1/4", and hasn't molted in almost 6 months :wall:

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
as they get a little older, the pre molt extends. just give her a little time.