just got new 10mp camera

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just trying to figure out this camera bear with me i know they are a little fuzzy i took them in macro but hope you enjoy. PS look how mad my male rosea is hes a picture fobe hehehe

ahhh thats it the camera is reall cool 10 mega pixel video mp3 retail 599.99 i got it for 140 heheh not going to say how though {D

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
come on, you can do better then that! read the manual and post some sharp pics!

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think at $140 it didnt come with a manual, nice 's you have but a little fuzzy. :?

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL i think a japanese tourist is now looking for his camera! {D

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Jesus dude 10 mega pixels :eek: once you learn how to use it you'l be rolling out some awesome pictures
i thought my little camera was pretty cool with 4 mp lol

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol

well this little jammie is tricky it a video camera as well records xvids, ive no manual for and been trying to get good shots maybe i need a good light sorce? im kinda new to taking pics so.......... do you recomend taking the t's to a well lit room? should i turn the flash off? i think i screwed those pics up becasue i downsized them alot when i firs got thewm on my screen they were 3648x2736 ahhhhh well amy tips from you master photographer would be much appreciated
;P

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Seems you trying to get to close to the spiders. Take a picture with a greater distance between the lens and the subject - then you can crop the picture in Photoshop or other graphic software. Do not use the zoom, it messes with the resolution on the picture.
After that its trial and error, see what light you get the best result. Offcourse natural light is always best (my opinion).

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rgrg that

should i modify the pic at all like enhance or whatnot?

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you like, but not to the extend where it looks unnatural. A little sharpen and contrast but not much more then that.

/Lelle

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive had it

you say the lense sucks, every pic i take it overexposess even after messing with the flash. im gunna smash this camera, i feel like a complete moron it takes real sharp pics of everythiong else my dog etc but my invert no way man that bugz me. im sorry i must be getting to you guys you have been more than helpfull and i appreciate it, 140 down the drain there i guess
{D

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
you say the lense sucks, every pic i take it overexposess even after messing with the flash. im gunna smash this camera, i feel like a complete moron it takes real sharp pics of everythiong else my dog etc but my invert no way man that bugz me. im sorry i must be getting to you guys you have been more than helpfull and i appreciate it, 140 down the drain there i guess
{D
$140? For a 10mp camera?

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
read above

retail was 599.99 but i got it for 140 due to circumstances.......... lol nothing was wrong with it it wasnt even opened. anyway im gunna keep at it i know it takes awsoe pics because i took some of my dog. {D ;P

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it's not like one of them Otech things they sell on e-bay is it?

it's not the amount of pixels you have, it's how the light reaches them and what you do with them that counts.

IMO always buy a brand known in the photography world:
Nikon, Fuji, Kodak, Olympus etc (Sony are pretty good though)

The brands like Mustek, Microtech and other 'cheap' brands use 2nd grade optics, so no matter how many receptors are on the ccd the light reaching them is distorted.

Also, it looks as though you are getting camera shake, take the pictures in brighter light, that way the shutter speed will drop and there will be less chance of blurring.

And check the focus range when in macro, most 'cheap' camera's are around 10", again, make sure pictures are taken in bright natural lighting
@ 10mp you'll have plenty of 'cropping' to play with, all you have to do is find the macro focus point ;)

hth

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I bet you could find a manual or tips if you do a search...

If it's taking great pics of everything else, it most likely just needs tweaking of settings and of your method of snapping pics. Trial and error...trial and error.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would suggest picking up a book on basic photography. There is more to good photography than simply pointing a camera and shooting. How the camera is setup (aperature setting, ISO setting, shutter speed, etc.) affects the shot significantly.