new arboreal setup, any ideas?

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I've started on my new arboreal setup tonight, and I was wondering what else i could do with it.
Starting to like it though :)

Any ideas?

Acid.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Add a T! Thats about it!

I like it. I would put a colony of Ornamentals or Pinktoes in it.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks great to me. I have my corkbark turned the other way because I found that my A.Avic liked to web and hide in the grove. Nice set up! What type of T are you putting in there?

Pink

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really cool tank. I'm gonna build one for my Avic metallica that's a bit smaller. I have her in a big 20 gallon tank right now.

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I made it for my A. metallica, but it's a bit large. Is it too large for her? (30x30x42 cm)

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think so. Mine does fine in the 20 gallon tank, actually, which is much larger than yours, but many times it's hard to see where she's at, because there's so much space.

More for aesthetics than anything else.

You did an awesome job on it, by the way.

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for the kind words :)
I really like it too, but I think the left lower corner needs something more, perhaps another fake plant :D

I would like to put a few pokies in, but I'm afraid my parents won't let me, I could have 1 T and it's up to 5 already :rolleyes:

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
no way, i think there is enough already, you want to actually see the T once in a while eh! leave it. its a great set up now.

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol you're right there!
Guess all left to do is wait till my 'tallica molts and then she'll be ready for this tank :D

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Looking Enclosure

Honestly, I think your enclosure rocks arse! I only have two comments. One is to turn the cork bark around to make the arboreal a better hiding place. The other would be to secure the cork bark somewhat with hot glue or fishing line. Other than those two little things, I have nothing to add. It looks really great, Acid! :clap: :worship:

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Thanks Scorp :)
The tank would be like this then. I hope I'll see her again some day :D

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's a helluva tank! Been looking for a better set up for my avic avicularia. Post pics when you put the metallica in there! It's about 12x12x18(inches)?

Is it for one tarantula?

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AcidQueen said:
Thanks Scorp :)
The tank would be like this then. I hope I'll see her again some day :D
Perfect! Or at least as close as pretty much anyone could get. Looks Fantastic! :clap: :worship: :drool:

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gesticulator said:
That's a helluva tank! Been looking for a better set up for my avic avicularia. Post pics when you put the metallica in there! It's about 12x12x18(inches)?

Is it for one tarantula?

yup 1 T (about to molt into subadult I think) , and those measures are about right :)
I'll post pics of my beauty when she's in, of course :D

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok I promised to post pics of her in her new tank.
Well I just made these, she molted a few days ago and she's GORGEOUS :D

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
looks like home sweet home to me!!!

This should give you a chuckle...after ordering a $50+ tank and then ANOTHER T... I am going to use an empty 55 oz pretzel jar for a set up!!!!! At least I got to eat the pretzels...and it only cost $6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {D

Last edited:

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lookin Good!

Wow Acid! You're right, she's Gorgeous. And she looks very comfy in her new home! Congrats on what looks to be nothing short of a huge success! :clap: :worship: :drool:

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks great, but are you sure silk plants are a good choice?