avic avicularia together

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If this topic has been asked and answered before, please forgive me. I did do a "search" but didn't find anything.

After much thought, I put my 2 A avicularia females in the same habitat. One has molted since being in with her roomate, and the other has just started eating after a 5 month fast. (I assume it had to do with the temperature increase here in NY).
They seem to be politely ignoring eachother, but of course I don't want to set one of them up for disaster.
Please post your pros and cons regarding this.

arachnoguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
one pro that i can see in this situation is just the coolness factor, i have always liked the communal set ups for avics. the only two cons i have ever really seen or come across are size differnece and the possibility of one of them getting sick and wiping out the rest (very rare). as far as size difference goes make sure they are within about half of an inch to three quarters an inch of each others size so one of the bigger ts doesn't decide to pick off a smaller one. i have 5 a. avic in a 20+ gallon tank and the smallest is 3.5 inches and the biggest is a little over 4 inches and everyone seems to be getting along fine.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Five Avics in one tank?! Thanks for the explanation Arachnoguy. My larger one is just about 5 1/2 inches and the smaller one is a little over 4 inches. So far so good. It was coincidental, I'm sure that one molted the following week ( after a seemingly perpetual "premolt") and the other started eating again in the same week. I'd like to think that the setup feels more natural to them, as so their behavior is more natural, but that's kinda far fetched, I guess. I am more convinced that is the warmer weather here that was the factor. :?