common sense preparation

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If anyone intends to keep any scorpion, there are a few no-brainers to consider. (1)do the reasearch first, with the internet, there is no excuse not to know how to care for an animal before you get one.(2)have an enclosure set up correctly for the species you intend to get, complete with a proper lid and make sure it's up to temperature.(3)have food and water ready to go upon their arrival.(4)join arachnoboards.(5)explain to friends and family what "look, but don't touch" means.(6)locate the enclosure in an appropriate place in your home. This might have been touched on in a post here and there, but I felt that it needed to be stated all at once.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
TheNothing said:
i'd also suggest keeping a copy of Envenomation Treatment for Medical Professionals printed out and easy to get to near your scorpion(s)...

never know how you're going to react

a copy of this can befound on my site
http://scorpions.isaac-online.com/envenomation_treatment.doc
How right you are, thanks Isaac, and also I forgot to mention having the appropriate set of tools for working with items in the tank(s).

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A planed enclosure also helps, especially with hot species .... make sure its 110% escape proof! also using colored sand helps(i.e. red sand for an A. bicolor or black sand for an A. australis) I like to be able to keep an eye on what can kill me. ;)

also, furnish the enclosure correctly... I've seen plenty of enclosures with no hides, this is very stressfull.

maybe this could be a sticky?

Last edited:

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last edited: