lost my avic avic :-(

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as some of you may remember last week, i posted a thread regarding my juvie Avic Avic, and i mentioned that its abdomen was kinda weird looking :confused: . Well after i reported that, it started spending a lot of time on the vent at the back of the tank, some of you may tell me that they spend a lot of time their when the humidity was too much, however i thought of this myself and allowed the humidity to decrease to 50%. However it still kept clinging to the vent which reslted in its legs getting stuck to it. I then came home yesterday to find myself a dead avic at the bottom of the enclosure :( :8o , this is the first T ive ever lost.
Oh by the way before i decreased the humidity i kept it at 80%.
Please post replies as to why you think my Avic may have died.
Thanks

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a wild stab in the dark, but perhaps mold in the lungs or something from the high humidity?
Though it is hard to know exactly how humid it was by what you've mentioned so far..is that relative humidity? If so, what was the temperature?

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats what i thought of, but the humidity was not high, it was just right for an avic, they tend to like it between 78-82% and i kept it at 80%>
The temp was kept at 76 degrees and dropped to 74 of a night.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Vys said:
This is a wild stab in the dark, but perhaps mold in the lungs or something from the high humidity?
Though it is hard to know exactly how humid it was by what you've mentioned so far..is that relative humidity? If so, what was the temperature?
That would be the only thing that makes sense.
any number that you would use to describe is relative to the maximum the air an hold.

I would have to say that it would be physically impossible to generate an atmosphere ( in a T enclosure ) that had an absolute value of 80% water vapor.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah..yes perhaps, you probably know that better than I.

But now then, when we know both the temperature and the relative humidity, we could draw upon our immense experience with such things and collection of notes pertaining to apparent comfort levels for different RH-readings at different temperatures, and say if slightly below 80% RH for 75 degrees is relatively high for Avics.