Cyriocosmus elegans

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am thinking of getting a Cyriocosmus elegans does anyone have this species? I want to get it but i am having a hard time getting info on it. How long does it live? When i get it I will post pictures, well i will try to take a picture.

Eric

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here's some info that may be useful to you...

http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2005f/z00846f.pdf#search='Cyriocosmus%20elegans'

also found this:

German designation Dwarf bird spider
Origin Venezuela, Tobago
Way of life Soil inhabitant
Temperature
Air humidity
Substrate Surface area of 20 x 20 cm is sufficient fills, it could be also less.
Terrarium
Behavior The animals love a damp climate and dig gladly caves.
Description 1 cm, the front body is similar to copper colors with a black triangle as with B. emilia. The legs are black and on the top side silver. The Hinterkoerper is black, has at the flanks kupferfarbene strips and on the top side a kupferfarbenen mark in heart form.

darkpredator said:
I am thinking of getting a Cyriocosmus elegans does anyone have this species? I want to get it but i am having a hard time getting info on it. How long does it live? When i get it I will post pictures, well i will try to take a picture.

Eric

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
darkpredator said:

Eric
WOW! Great T!

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
darkpredator said:

Eric
I know someone just got some and if I am not mistaking it was Kelly Swift? Could have been someone else though... Greg

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
See lots of pictures in the Genus Cyriocosmus thread on this site.

They are available from a few dealers at the moment, but extremely pricey.

Oh, I have a sac btw ;)

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer