Lasiadora chromatus

rodillablanco

Arachnopeon
Have any of you heard of Lasiadora chromatus? I got a sling an this is the name I was given, yet I can't find it cited anywhere(which CAN happen). I'm assuming it's some kind of birdeater. It's about 1/2" and has white "knees". Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
GoTerps said:
Search for Nhandu chromatus.
Yes, he probably got one that was labeled as a hybrid of both the old (Lasiadora cristata and the new name Nhandu chromatus.

BTW, the N. chromatus is a very nice looking T. I have two at home, one larger sling and one adult. They can have a bit of an attitude though.

rodillablanco

Arachnopeon
That would be it! Looks like it will be very attractive when it grows up.
Thanks.

Last edited:

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't wait till mine grows up. :D Right now it's a shy little sweetie, hiding behind its legs when I do enclosure matainence. Starting to show some adult color now, gonna be quite the looker when it gets older. {D

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Nhandu chromatus too, VERY nice T's.. Likes to attack tweezers...
You'll love it when it when it matures.

rodillablanco

Arachnopeon
And now mine has shed and the butt (opisthosoma) is covered in bright red hairs. Funny it should shed the day I find out what it's name really is. It, of course, was never worried about its species title. That will change when it matures and its time to date, I think.
You folks are great! Thanks again for the enthusiastic help.