Mite help

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my new millipede (got 'em this morning!) has mites, and i was wondering if it would be safe to brush him with hand soap/skin so soft on a q-tip in addition to lowering humidity, using a dry paintbrush, using calcium carbonate substrate, etc...

Last edited:

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Relax, float downstream...

Those mites are on pretty much EVERY AGB milli around. If you just leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.

They cause no apparent harm to either you or the animal, so I figure them to be the clean-up crew...

Either way, I wouldn't use soap on anything I own. Search tese forums for more info...

Ja Ne!
Martin

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, i didn't think it would be safe. just wanted to make sure before doing something as risky as mite-away on a tarantula (metaphor; i never actually did that, nor have i ever owned a T). but the brushing worked better than i expected (also got him/her to uncoil and get some excercise).

but i always though there were mites on almost every AGB because of poor petshop conditions. oh, well.

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
where are the mites focusing on? it they are just running around on the underside next to the legs they are fine. if they are focusing on moist spots like the mouth, they are bad.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, they're still an eyesore. and on a side note, it's a girl.