molt question

Joeyo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i came home today to find my avic molted again. shes in a very tight space with her exuvium right now. should i try to remove it with some tweezers?

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would leave it alone for at least a day. You don't want to damage the spider. I have had my p. regalis molt 4 times in his hide. It was fine when not bothered with for a day or two. If you think you can get it without damaging the spider then you might try, but be careful.

Joeyo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, i got it. shes right by the lid and the exuvium was between me and teh spider. i just slid the lid open enough to reach in with some tweezers and get the exuvium. she barely moved at all when i did it.

Joeyo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
also, how long do i wait before i feed her again?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should wait untill the fangs darken. They are still probably white or pink. 3 days is usually safe but it depends on the T

Joeyo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'll wait the 3 days then. i can't see her fangs, but i'll wait it out.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
3 days is the absolute minimum and I really recommend more. For sub-adults and adults I usually wait 1-2 weeks, depending on the T. Even my slings take at least 3 days to harden up (typically).

The spider won't eat until it's ready to eat again. If it has webbed itself in, then it'll come out when it's ready. The fangs should be completely black before you try to feed it, which may be hard to see.