Looking for following Scorpions: Where can I get Them?

micjoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am looking for the following scorpions, cannot find anywhere that sells them:
Buthus "barbouri"
Rhopalurus junceus
Tityus sylvestris- I love the color- of this species. Blue.

Any help would be appreciative, i live in new england, if someone knows online sites, or places in MASS, NY, or RI would be helpful.

Thanks

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pretty sure you arent going to be able to limit your search by any means to specific origins.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think the only one i've seen on your list in the US is Rhopalurus junceus. I don't even recall where i might have seen it...

really should check out some of the banner advertisers here on the forums, they'll be your best bet.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
R.junceus is becoming popular anc common in Europe nowadays, i have one, and it grows very fast, eats very well, and doesnt seem to want to die like any of the trickier species (Lychas)
so soon it may become common in america too, after a few generations.

Buthus barbouri is common in europe too to some extent, but it will probably be harder to make it breed, unless you already have some supplies of this in the US, then it wont become common, unless you see adverts for "moroccan scorpion" or something.

Tityus sylvestris, NO CHANCE IN HELL!!! :)

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ThatGuy said:
man the tityus genus is pretty tough to find!
Yeah, why is that? Not like they couldn't sell any here in the States! Anybody know why they're so rare? Hey Booooooootaaaaaaarrrrrrr...Are you reading this? Broaden your horizons please! ;P :D

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have plans on getting some in the next few months.... maybe if the colony works out, there will be some in the U.S. ;)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sorry buut i dont think you can, at least not yet. and nott in the US.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Scorps_n_Ts said:
Yeah, why is that? Not like they couldn't sell any here in the States! Anybody know why they're so rare?
RE:Tityus: Its because most of them come from countries that ban exportation of all animals. The few that don't ban them are past European colonies and do not get a lot of N American collectors of don't have many Tityus species.

John
];')

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kugellager said:
RE:Tityus: Its because most of them come from countries that ban exportation of all animals. The few that don't ban them are past European colonies and do not get a lot of N American collectors of don't have many Tityus species.

John
];')
Makes sense. I guess nobody really took serious interest in attempting a collection in a country where they could export the inverts without incident. Expecially not if they weren't certain that their collection would yield a decent profit. Thanks for the explanation Kugellager! :D

darrelldlc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right, good luck with that one, let us all know when that happens. I have been searching long and hard for the tityus and would like to add to my collection.
cordially
darrell.