Rosie - egg sac within a month ?

curioussnake

Arachnopeon
It seems like my rosie is starting to build an egg sac now. She was mated around 3 weeks ago. Is this too soon for an eggsac? :?

How many days does it take to complete the eggsac?
Usually ppl take the eggsac for incubation after 1 month, Does it mean 1 month after the eggsac is completed or 1 month after the eggsac construction begin?

curioussnake

Arachnopeon
omg, the eggsac is completed :wall:

Will the crickets damage the eggsac if i put some of them into the tank?
I m afraid the female is hungry

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
From what I've heard, the female usually doesn't eat while she has the sac. At this point the best thing to do is make sure that the female isn't disturbed at all and has as little stress as possible.

hike34

Arachnopeon
Well, as you have no doubt noticed by now, there is rearly more than a day from eggsack contruction to compleation.... Any way, there is no diffrance whence you start counting a month - if a month it be (some people wait more, some less, some just leave the sack to hatch with mommy).

As for feeding, becca is right - I too was tolled to avoid feeding during incubation. The female will refuse food, and she will just be stressed by it's presents.

Good Luck and heres for a whole lot'a roses!!!

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!
I have the different experience with feeding momms during the sac-guarding period and can tell that at least P. cambridgei and Nh. coloratovillosum consume the food during that period as well.
The other two points I was told too - that at one site, being disturbed momm can consume the sac, the other site - being hungry she can do the same..
So I usually feed the momms with lobster roach or pre-killed crickets... Also A. versicolor was fed with lobster roaches but I never saw her consuming the food item...
But I do not experienced with this species currently.

curioussnake

Arachnopeon
Can i pull the eggsac around the 2nd week and put it into the incubator ?
( with rotating it 3-4 times a day )

I m worrying about the female will destroy the sac :p

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
An egg sac within 3 weeks? wow ur lucky. i mated 2 females, one about 2 months ago, and the other one about a month ago, the one i mated 2 months ago is getting really fat and eating alot, so i hope she is gravid.

-Mattyb

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When my G. rosea laid her egg sac, I left it in with her. I pulled it when I started to see movement on the inside, which was a little over three months after she laid it. I left her undisturbed during this time. I did offer her food though. She would take the crickets right from the forceps. She didn't seem to loose her appetite at all during the whole process.

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just curious, without us helpfull humans - who opens the sac in the wild and has anyone ever reported how long it takes??

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Bellis said:
Just curious, without us helpfull humans - who opens the sac in the wild and has anyone ever reported how long it takes??
I don't think the timing would be too different in the wild as it is in captivity.

The spiderlings can escape the sac if necessary (and they will do so if you don't remove them first!).

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
M.F.Bagaturov said:
Hello!
I have the different experience with feeding momms during the sac-guarding period and can tell that at least P. cambridgei and Nh. coloratovillosum consume the food during that period as well.
The other two points I was told too - that at one site, being disturbed momm can consume the sac, the other site - being hungry she can do the same..
So I usually feed the momms with lobster roach or pre-killed crickets... Also A. versicolor was fed with lobster roaches but I never saw her consuming the food item...
But I do not experienced with this species currently.
I am with Mikhail on feeding, I feel the female is spent after what she just went through and needs the nourishment... Greg