lasiodora klugi vs parahybana

curioussnake

Arachnopeon

Which 1 is more pretty?
What about their comparison in size/ temperement/ cost ?
I m thinking of buying one of them :D

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both get about the same size, I believe. I think the L. klugi is a better looking T but that's just my opinion. As for price, here in the US the L. parahybana is a lot less expensive.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is rather different looking species but it is difficult to find the real klugi in pet-trade...
The real klugi according the description in my knowlege has blackish overall color and red hairs on the abdomen... and some smaller than parahybana in size.

Catherine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
IMO the klugi wins hands down. I think its markings are a lot nicer than a parahybana. I don't really rate parahybanas, think they are a bit boring.Plus klugis aren't 10 a penny like parahybanas {D

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Catherine said:
IMO the klugi wins hands down. I think its markings are a lot nicer than a parahybana. I don't really rate parahybanas, think they are a bit boring.Plus klugis aren't 10 a penny like parahybanas {D
what do you mean boring i suppose next thing you will be saying rosies are exciting my para is one of my most active t's allways and i mean allways out in the open, i get threat postures all the time from her shes great and i am an arboreal nut normally but there is two terrestrials i kept which is my b.boehmei
and para, i agree klugi's have nicer markings, anyway if you find any t boring y do you keep em, also boring is not the right word no t is boring there all fascinating creatures you just get some more active/quirkey than others :mad: :D enjoy em all i understand we all have preferences but these sort of comments do nothing for newbies caus if you say there boring there go out and buy a s.calceatum straight away and get tagged

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
harrymaculata said:
what do you mean boring i suppose next thing you will be saying rosies are exciting my para is one of my most active t's allways and i mean allways out in the open, i get threat postures all the time from her shes great and i am an arboreal nut normally but there is two terrestrials i kept which is my b.boehmei
and para, i agree klugi's have nicer markings, anyway if you find any t boring y do you keep em, also boring is not the right word no t is boring there all fascinating creatures you just get some more active/quirkey than others :mad: :D enjoy em all i understand we all have preferences but these sort of comments do nothing for newbies caus if you say there boring there go out and buy a s.calceatum straight away and get tagged

Cudnt have said it better myself harrymaculata

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BORING? You should see my L. parahybana leap to the cover of the tank to get a cricket!

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
No not boring. But they go through the ugly ducking stage! They are bottomless pits when it comes to crickets! ;P

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look here for a picture of an immature male Lasiodora klugi I used to have. A picture's worth a thousand words, as usual. ;)

-Kelly

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We have a klugii and he attacks everything in site. I am thinking bout getting a klugii in the future. I can't wait till this one matures so we can get a breeding project so we can get more of this spieces on the market :D

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lassie wars...

I keep all of the Lassie's and love them all, but the Klugii does have a red tinge to its hairs that is not on the parahybana.
Both of these can get HUGE!! 11" legspans on males is not uncommon. :razz:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
11" legspans on males is not uncommon.
How do you know it's not uncommon? How many have you seen?

I've yet to see any user here post a picture with ANY spider that measures 11" on a ruler.

I keep all of the Lassie's
LOL greg, not to be too nit-picky, but I'm sure you don't keep all of them! :p

Last edited:

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do I know...

GoTerps said:
How do you know it's not uncommon? How many have you seen?
Quite a few.
I've yet to see any user here post a picture with ANY spider that measures 11" on a ruler.
Lasiodora's can achieve 11" legspans, especially the males. Ask any experienced breeder and he/she will attest to the fact.

LOL greg, not to be too nit-picky, but I'm sure you don't keep all of them! :p
There are rare lasiodora's that I don't have, I stand corrected. I meant all of them that are captive bred and are available. Parahybana, Klugii, Striatus, Striatipes and Difficilus are lassies I own ATM.
There are some rare Lassie's on Rick West's site that I would love to have!
;P :D :)

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Greg!

Greg Wolfe said:
There are rare lasiodora's that I don't have, I stand corrected. I meant all of them that are captive bred and are available. Parahybana, Klugii, Striatus, Striatipes and Difficilus are lassies I own ATM.
There are some rare Lassie's on Rick West's site that I would love to have!
;P :D :)
What this species is - Lasiodora striata? Tell me please?
Or You mean by "Lasiodora's=Lasiodora+Lasiodorides"?

If not, I woud rather very sceptic in all of these "Klugii, Striatipes and Difficilus" from pet-trade you have are properly Id'ed...

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mikhail,

He was probably talking about Lasiodorides striatus, which we do have in the hobby and I.D.'d. Sometimes confused, but the "real" one is around.

Anyone know when Bertani's revision of Lasiodora should be out?

Last edited:

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I adore my little parahybana. I swear my Lenny must think he/she's auditioning for Wrestle Mania. The way it attacks crickets is hilarious. He/she is pretty darn fast too. It will be facing one way and the cricket is in a far corner behind it. Even before the cricket can twitch Lenny turns around in a flash and body slams the cricket. This all happens in a blink. As far as "Lassi's" go, I like the parahybana, but I have never owned a klugi (sp?). I don't always choose my T's by coloration anyway.

Laura

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eric, "probably" is not the proper word for any species - it must be such as iy is or sp.
This is You know very well. I undestand Your point and I knew about it already the striatus is in pettrade named Lasiodora or Pampho sp. as well...
I told of that and it shown also that a lot of "difficilis", "klugi" also Id'ed wrong way by some sellers...

hotflakes2

Arachnosquire
I'm sorry to bring this thread back up? but what is more bigger in size? is it parhybana or klugi?

Jared781

Arachnobaron
L. klugi are the better "lookers" than the Lp, yet very close.... if you're getting a Lasiodora sp. for the "prettyness" id get the L. difficilis! ALTHOUGH, L. klugi and difficilis are more on the defensive/aggressive side! Where as L. parahybana are more skittish and most can be quite tolerant! Lp in my opinion should be the "stepping stone" in the Lasiodora sp.

Which 1 is more pretty?
What about their comparison in size/ temperement/ cost ?
I m thinking of buying one of them :D