Avicularia setup

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most of my spiders are kept in simplistic cages, tucked away in my utility room. I decided I really wanted to make a feature of at leat one of them so decided to use my favourite, Avicularia metallica. She has an amazing temperament, the kind of spider I don't mind getting out to show people if they ask, she is large and she has gorgeous markings.

Here is my new tank for her. As far as i'm aware the setup is ok, but feel free to let me know if you can see an obvious flaw in my setup.

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Richard_uk said:
Most of my spiders are kept in simplistic cages, tucked away in my utility room. I decided I really wanted to make a feature of at leat one of them so decided to use my favourite, Avicularia metallica. She has an amazing temperament, the kind of spider I don't mind getting out to show people if they ask, she is large and she has gorgeous markings.

Here is my new tank for her. As far as i'm aware the setup is ok, but feel free to let me know if you can see an obvious flaw in my setup.

excellent setup mate i have two of those tanks setup for my male and female maculata's i use those silk plants as well i thought id spend out on two tanks for my favourite species :D

Last edited:

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here the other sort of tanks i use and the ones ill be making more of, heres my p.irminia tank :D

Last edited:

DracosBana

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are some really nice tanks. Where do you get them? What kind of ventilation do they have?

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DracosBana said:
Those are some really nice tanks. Where do you get them? What kind of ventilation do they have?
which ones the exo terra one with the glass doors can be brought from lots of shops, the top section of the tank is mesh i find i have to close some of the mesh off to keep the humidity up. the tank in my bottom pick i made myself and that has a whole strip of mesh for ventilation see photo

Last edited:

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those are some great setups, if time and money alows I hope to do the same for my a.versicolor and my a.metallica when they grow up. Keep the pics comin!

Tarantulasse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are beautiful....we just got a tall tank similiar to that, and I can't wait to make it into something that nice to look at for hopefull some A. Avics.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
nice tanks....even there backround.....i like it it make it like a section from the forest...hehe...great...

Aaron

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow, I really like those exo terra tanks. How much do they cost? I haven't seen them around in any local shops.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Exo Terra's can be had at Deathco. I think they are $60 up, depending upon size. It was seeing these that made me decide to get an aboreal. lol, I now have 6-7 abo's, but am yet to get an ET!

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
bagheera said:
Exo Terra's can be had at Deathco. I think they are $60 up, depending upon size. It was seeing these that made me decide to get an aboreal. lol, I now have 6-7 abo's, but am yet to get an ET!
:( I haven't seen them at petcos around here. I am so tempted to buy one for my p. regalis since it is about to outgrow its terrarium now.