white spot on abdomen

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Girlfriend has been raising an Avicularia Metallica for some time now. It is about 4.5inches in legspan but within the past two weeks it developed a white spot about the size of a pencil eraser on it's abdomen. I fear it may be mold as she keeps it very moist in the enclosure and sometimes forgets to spotclean. She's not so good when it comes to husbandry but thankfully these are tough animals. I had her move it into a dry ICU with a waterdish. I can't give you a picture now but have I done the right thing? Is there anything else I can do or anything I should have done instead? As far as I know it is still eatting well and it still seems as energetic as ever.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if its mold or fungus,,,it should come off easily with a small paint brush (get the softest one from a craft store) or q-tip maybe, setae should stay and whatever it is should come off, if it does, then its bad news, i dont know what to tell you, clean off the mold off the spider as much as you can then keep her in a clean ICU and monitor. thats what i would do.

let us know.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thankyou

Thanks very much. I'll let her know that. I'm going to try and convince the boards so that she can ask and learn herself.