ive lost it ... as if I had it before

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Couldnt go two weeks before gettin more. Im gonna have to pick up a male and female olive keeled flatrock at 10 bucks each tonight.

Count as of tonight -

H. Arizonesis 0.0.2
P. Imperator 0.0.11
H. Paucidens 1.1.0

I need to get slapped with a crobar.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
dont feel bad mate, I broke down and got 1 P. Trans and 2 C. Margaritus at the beginning of the summer. it was for more than 10$ each too :rolleyes:

but I was happy, I'm sure you will be too :p Them flat rocks are interesting looking scorps. I may have to get one someday.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
Couldnt go two weeks before gettin more. Im gonna have to pick up a male and female olive keeled flatrock at 10 bucks each tonight.

Count as of tonight -

H. Arizonesis 0.0.2
P. Imperator 0.0.11
H. Paucidens 1.1.0

I need to get slapped with a crobar.
heh, sounds like you are going to join the "try to breed rocks" club (i have 1.2 H.paucidens, 1.1 of which are currently cohabitating).

VERY nice price, by the way :)

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got the last male and one of the females (still 3 left ... one was hiding). Just so happens that I picked out the two most antisocial to take home with me. The male looks really healthy and the female is heavy and aggressive. One of the females left is missing her telson. Something tells me that if theres any of the 3 left in two weeks ill have to snatch another up. The other two places that have H. Paucidens available here sell them for 29.99 and the H. Troglodytes go for 20-35 locally.

They also have a single O. Ecristatus ..... or so its listed as a hissing scorpion for 20 bucks. I think ive found a good diet for my wallet.

Last edited:

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just a thought ... they promised their dealer can get them any scorpion I asked for. Ill post what I want next time and see if anyone else wants to go in on an order .... for what they charge for their scorps im all giddy waiting to see what comes in next by chance.

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
Just a thought ... they promised their dealer can get them any scorpion I asked for. Ill post what I want next time and see if anyone else wants to go in on an order .... for what they charge for their scorps im all giddy waiting to see what comes in next by chance.
Thats great. Your pretty lucky, I dont even think the pet stores where I live know other species of scorpions besides emps exist.

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
heh, sounds like you are going to join the "try to breed rocks" club (i have 1.2 H.paucidens, 1.1 of which are currently cohabitating).

VERY nice price, by the way :)
Ive actually been quite successful in breeding pet rocks when I was younger. I found a piece of quartz when I was a kid and wouldnt ya know the dang thing was preggo. 6 months later it gave birth to 10 more pounds of rock ... the youngest grew up to be a flagstone...

Im quite impressed with them. They seem a bit active and have a casual ogrish attitude. I would have only got the male, but seeing as how 5 of them had been living in a critter keeper together I figured I might have found some that can actually tolerate each other. Right now im in the process of scrubbing down the rocks and preparing to setup a 10 with plenty of available hides for them. The male is already getting impatient for a good hiding place to explore for the night.

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
can they get you prices before you order? if so next time youre in there, get prices on desert hairy's, smeringurus mesaensis and p. cauvimanus.. if youre interested in either, or if you wanna make your next order a little bigger.. i love all 3 and im looking for at least one more on the desert hairy, and the redclaw.. and i wanna add a smeringurus mesaensis to my collection.. gotta love that translucent look

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The price on the 2 desert hairy I picked up there were $10 each. They are about 1 - 1 1/2". I wont dare ask them about any other pandinus as they arent really great about knowing exactly what they have. (the H. Paucidens were simply listed as "Flat Rock Scorpions". My desert hairys might turn out to be something else .... they are lacking dark coloration and ive not seen any other juveniles to compare with.) Ill send pis to fluid tonight for upload.