Dave's T. Apophysis Project(sorry for not being more original Greg!)

David Richards

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here are some pics of the 4 foot long tank set up for this female Apophysis. After a few weeks of breeding, she was in a 3 week cool period of around 68 degrees. After putting her back into this set up and warmed back to 78 the cage got soaked. 2 gallons in this picture, via the spray doc sprayer. A little more rain in the forcast for this evening and then the rest is up to her. Dave

David Richards

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
burrow

Before anyone asks, the underground burrow is a home made version that didn't get good air circulation(I am paranoid about fungal issues, but that is another story in itself!) so made it inacessable. dave

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
How big is the T. apophysis? I assume it's hiding out in the log being antisocial. Is this correct? :)

- Lonnie

David Richards

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big

1-Thanks Manville

2-Her last molt was 9.5 inches across. Don't know what she is now. Before she bred she was a cage pacer. Lately she is pretty much unseen.

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's a big setup for a big girl. I'd love to see pics of her if you can.

Best of luck on the sac!

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a very nice big setup, looking forward to see pics of the big girl herself

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dave's T.A. Project...

Hey Dave!
No problem! {D LOL. That is a killer setup! :clap: :worship:
Takes two to tangle, without your male I would be still searching.
I wanted to comment on the "spring rain" trick. I have heard of this technique many times but it slipped past my mind. Dave mentioned this the other day so I said, "What the heck". I doused my gravid Blondi's tank with water and THE NEXT DAY she excavated a HUGE bowl. She has since deepened it to the bottom and is sitting in it. I am stunned... :eek:
Hope she drops with silk versus no silk... biting nails now here. :eek:
Greg

arachnoguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that is a really great setup i hope i can make a setup like that once my apophysis sheds again.