Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Now I know:
- each species is different,
- each set up is different
- and even each T is different..

BUT My S. calceatum sling .. has an odd habit-

It built it's burrow on the side of the vial it was shipped in, most of the substrate is pushed up against and around only this side, leaving a "cliff" on the other side.

When it finishes with any prey it takes the remainder ( not quite a bolus) and "dumps" it over the edge off of the cliff..

Do any of YOUR T's have a favorite place for their "garbage"??

Now why do I have "Alice's Restaurant" goig through my head???

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hehe....i have onlt my blondi and the L.p that when they finish put the remains in the water bowl....but no not like our...hehe yours like to keep very tiedy....nice character bdw

Aaron

hike34

Arachnopeon
My A. avicularia and P. murinus creat a little ball of dead bugs and web and hang them in a row along the glass of the tank (the avic does this under her hamoc).
Reminds me of the movie perditor.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
My vagans puts every dirty stuff into the waterdish, from boluses to poo *thanks Mrs. vagans! :worship: * <-(easy cleaning for me!)

the rosea puts all the boluses in one corner of the tank (luckily a front corner!)

All my lividum slings put their trash outside the entrance. I had put maggots into their burrows a few days ago, today I found a pupae (sp?) outside the burrow of one of them... Smart little sling, that one :D

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my p.fasciata lives in a trunk of cork bark tube placed verticly and she won't have any mess in there she literally chucks any waste out the top (you actually just see waste flying out the top looks well funny), and it always lands in the water dish easy cleaning especially when it involves an 8 legged bolt of lightning

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most of my Ts like to dump their garbage in or near the water dish.

A couple of my P. murinus and P. sp "arusha" like to dump cricket parts right by their hide enterances, and they add several layers of thick webbing over the cricket parts, which makes cleaning oh so fun. :rolleyes:

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My A. versicolor also poop-shoots in and around the water dish, and deposits the bolus in it as well. Maybe in nature this is a way to keep the area around the burrow/hammock clean. Kind of similar to the way we direct most of our sewage into rivers.

Tim

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
"Tarantulas do the darnedest things"

I have witnessed my P irminia walk around the enclosure (on the walls), stop directly over the water dish, and ever so delicately crap in in it and then walk back to the hide! All my Psalmos leave gifts in the water dishes. All my avics leave crap and stuff in the water.

In the wild, a creature that throws its trash into water--which is likely to be flowing--cuts off trails that would lead a predator back to their lairs. Of course, this is just speculation on my part!

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G. rosea will dig a small crater and put the crix remains it to it and web it over and act as if nothing was wrong. kind up funny, She cant sweep it under the rug so she justs makes the rug over it.

rgfx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hike34 said:
My A. avicularia and P. murinus creat a little ball of dead bugs and web and hang them in a row along the glass of the tank (the avic does this under her hamoc).
Reminds me of the movie perditor.
my a.avic does this too. shortly after catching prey he webs it to the branch hes standing on.
When he's finished, he just throws it forwards, sometimes it flys a long way, usually just swings down and hangs underneath him.

one of my a.versi slings is a greedy slob and had 2 bits of bolus in his tubeweb today,
he was not best pleased when i mashed one of the entrances a bit, hooking the bolus out!

greenbay1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My P. murinus is never seen - always in her burrow :mad: . She always brings the boluses and sheds and deposits them about 5" from her burrow. My A. versicolor takes her boluses and throws them out of her tunnel web. My L. parahybana deposits his boluses in the same spot also. Gotta love 'em.