My wonderful roommate.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, I was wrong. over the course of my trip, I lost not only my C. fimbriatus, but also my H. lividum. I guess I believe him about the heat outage.. but when I see the dirt in the H. lividum's tank as one solid dried out chunk, when he sprayed everyday.. I tend to doubt him somewhat. None of my spiders got fed when I was gone, and my C. fasciatum finally showed up from hiding, recently molted - and thin as a waif. Hopefully after feeding everyone today, I don't lose anymore.

Just felt like bitching.

Bill

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Many words can describe human beings, but if only one can be used, it would have to be "undependable".

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess you feel like bitching, that really sucks.
Why do people say they'll take care of our pets, and then don't do it. I mean if you tell me you can't, or you don't have time, or whatever. I'll find someone who can, and will.
I left my T's in the care of my son when I left town one time, and he didn't do jack. No water, no crickets, no nothing. I wanted to kick his ass when I got home. No body died like yours Bill, But what the heck are they thinking? :confused:

Ernie

I'm sitting here just shaking my head. I can't believe it........

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jeez.. sorry to hear that Bill... C. fimbriatus is one awesome T and expensive, too....

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Update - I have sprawled out, and examined the cobalt blue, as well as it's enclosure. What I found was pretty interesting. From my calculations every cricket I ever fed it, at the bottom of it's burrow. Obviously nailed by the T, but never apparently eaten.

The abdomen was so small, I'm embarrassed to say I took care of this T. I had had it for about a month and a half now. When I got it, it looked typically wild caught in abdomen size, but since the crix were dissapearing, I assumed it was eating well. I never saw much of it, as it was always burrowed, but I guess it goes to show that nothings a sure thing. Also, I had thought of possible parasitic complications, but after close examination, found nothing that would indicate that was the case. I wonder what would make a T kill, but not eat it's food. Off to Code_monkey's thread I go.

Bill

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I wonder what would make a T kill, but not eat it's food. Bill
Sounds like a case of anocrixia nervosa.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is just awful!! I am so sorry :( How hard is it to spray a spiders cage and feed them? :rolleyes: Good luck and take care ;)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That really sucks! IME, you cannot rely on roomates to take care of your stuff the way that you would. I once had a roomate in college, that knocked over one of my really nice cacti, that branched out many times and was growing quite nicely. So instead of picking it up and repotting the thing, he just left it on the kitchen floor! By the time I got back, I wasn't able to rescue it. As for my tarantulas, when I travel, I usually pawn them off on my mother. She always says that she hates and is afraid of spiders. But secretly, I think she is fascinated by the tarantulas. Anyways, I usually spend about half an hour with her, before I leave, teaching her how to take care of them properly.

Really sorry about your spiders!

Jon