What Can I Feed My Sling!?!?!?!?!!?!?

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
What should i feed my s'ling??? Its only like an inch big..........And ive seen some of the pinheads around here and ther really big! and im not 2 sure about beef heart.....

~Neil Diamond~

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by anthony2561
What should i feed my s'ling??? Its only like an inch big..........And ive seen some of the pinheads around here and ther really big! and im not 2 sure about beef heart.....

~Neil Diamond~
If it is really an inch, than a pinhead is definately too small. I usually just feed my one inchers small crickets without a problem. Sometimes I just crush the head of a larger cricket and toss it in there. It is almost always gone the next time I check up on the t. If it is smaller than an inch, I would probably kill the small - medium sized ones.

Jon

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
If it is really an inch, than a pinhead is definately too small. I usually just feed my one inchers small crickets without a problem. Sometimes I just crush the head of a larger cricket and toss it in there. It is almost always gone the next time I check up on the t. If it is smaller than an inch, I would probably kill the small - medium sized ones.

How 2 kill them????/Just kill them and throw them in the tank???

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by anthony2561

~Neil Diamond~
I guess that's a cryptic way of saying that your mother listened to Neal Diamond yesterday evening.

"If it is really an inch, than a pinhead is definately too small."

Wait a minute, here! Logic dictates a middle ground. If I were a Buddha sitting in a ten-foot cell, I would say that not only is your spider big enough to handle any pinhead, it's probably big enough to handle a cricket up to half an inch in length. Put one in with it and watch. If the spider's hungry, you might be surprised.

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Re: What Can I Feed My Sling!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Originally posted by Tranz
I guess that's a cryptic way of saying that your mother listened to Deal Diamond yesterday evening.

"If it is really an inch, than a pinhead is definately too small."

What a minute, here! Logic dictates a middle ground. If I were a Buddha sitting in a ten-foot cell, I would say that not only is your spider big enough to handle any pinhead, it's probably big enough to handle a cricket up to half an inch in length. Put one in with it and watch. If the spider's hungry, you might be surprised.
Yeah, just make sure you watch it. I wouldn't leave it in there unattended. I've heard (and experienced once) too many stories about how s'lings have been killed by large crickets. If he doesn't take to the live cricket, either kill it or take it out. My method of killing crickets is by squeezing their heads. That bothers some people, and as such they might euthanize them in the freezer (in a baggie). It doesn't bother me one iota to kill a cricket.

I hope this helps.

Jon

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cricket legs.

I'm almost certain it was Code_Monkey that posted it, but it works -- I've tried it.

Probably one of the best foods out there. No danger to the T from food being too big, no hassle trying to catch tiny pinheads, and easy to clean (They basically suck the insides out and leave the chitin)

I doubted it when I first heard it, but I tossed a couple legs in with my slings and came back later that day and they were munching away.

As for getting the legs, a lot of people use scissors, but I find that to be a hassle. Use your fingers, tweasers, or anything and just pinch/squeeze on the upper half of their leg, the fat part. Whatever you want to call it. The legs fall right off, no need to pull or cut.

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is kinda gross when a bunch of guts comes out after the leg though....I once put a one legged cricket back in with it's buddies, and found it half eaten the next day!

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wax worms? The ones I've seen would have been ideal, had I a sling to give them to. I make the effort to buy semi-mature or mature Ts when possible, so I have little experience there.

N.

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You think they're just innocent little things hopping around looking brainless, then you realize they're out to rule the world! Or maybe just the kritter keeper.......whichever has more egg cartons to hide in.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Katy
You think they're just innocent little things hopping around looking brainless, then you realize they're out to rule the world! Or maybe just the kritter keeper.......whichever has more egg cartons to hide in.
:confused: Did I miss something??? :confused:

N.

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Evil cannibalistic crickets taking over the world, It all started with us pulling their legs off.