Psalmopoeus cambridgei – a must have

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Beautiful spider...how big is it and how big does it get?

I have a P.irminia which is currently about 4.5" across. I like it but rarely ever see it. Have not see its aggressive side yet.

John
];')

Last edited:

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well Done! That's gotta be the best pic I've seen of this underrated T!
N-Joy
Art

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one that just molted last night and is 5" now and boy is she pretty. You got to love the legs on these beauties.
Martin- that is a great picture:D

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager

Beautiful spider...how big is it and how big does it get?
Actually I don't know how large the female on the photo is. I can't messure it, because she is taking care for her eggsack at the moment (that's also the reason, why she is so fat on the photo above).
But I guess she has a legspan of about 13 or 14 cm.

My larges female has a legspan of 17+ cm

all the best,
Martin

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

GREAT PICS! I love my 2" chevie! You have a great ad really big chev! Good Luck on the sac!

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Martin,
First off, is that avatar you?? Nice hair! (really) My favorite music of all if Punk. So, I do mean it when I say nice hair. In high school, I had a massive Mohawk, died rainbow colors. However, one day, my hair started falling out. BADLY. So, I stopped.
Anywho, I've never seen such a nice pic of a cambridgei. You are definitely right; a must have. I was to trade for one, however, both my t, and the person's t who has the cambridgei turned out to be males..:(
Peace,
Gillian

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover

You have a great ad really big chev!
the sad thing is that the old girl will probably die soon. From her last molt about half a year ago she hasn't really recovered: not walking much (looks a bit helpless), not webbing, eaten almost nothing, the abdomen is already very shrinky,...
But no wonder 10+ years and every year (if mated or not) an eggsack... *sigh*

all the best,
Martin

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Gillian,

Originally posted by Gillian

First off, is that avatar you??
yep, but already some years ago (this photo was taken on 26.03.95). Some weeks later I cut it off... I had coloured hairs for too long, was already going to be boring! =;-)

Nice hair! (really) My favorite music of all if Punk. So, I do mean it when I say nice hair. In high school, I had a massive Mohawk, died rainbow colors.
I would like to see! Any photos? ---:)

all the best,
Martin

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Martin,
Wow, that great. How many do they usually lay, any idea?
Are you going to remove them from the sac now? How do you plan to incubate them? Post a picture of your setup when you put the eggs w/legs in it. Good luck with em. :)

Ernie

BTW, Super great close ups..

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful

I love my Chevy! Only thing is I haven't seen it in at least 3-4 months. I put crickets in and they disappear during the night? I sometimes wonder if he/she is still alive?